My MM finally delivered | Few questions
910 14 2020-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RePrEsEnT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11984951 ft
Slovenia

After three weeks of waiting she finally arrives. I can't really talk about my first impression of flying becauose of bad weather(rain+snow), but i can say it flys very good indoors(without prop-quards of course ) Everything from setup, updates and first take-off went smooth without a problem. No issues at all.
As i've heard some people have issues with overheating when checking their videos/setup when drone is idling. So i came up with an idea to make my own overheating pad, and here are my diy MacGyver results u can see below.

And a few questions:
  • As everything updated i missed battery updates (maybe came already updated)
  • I didn't manage to figure it out how can i fly it withot phone (i was trying make some photo of my Mini first time in the air)
  • I try to download LOG files and there is just one .dat file (are log files came up just with one file or multiple of them depend how many times u fly?)

I hope tomorrow afthernoon weather will change so i can fly&film some snow avalanches around my valley.
And sorry for my bad english(learned straight from TV using ENG subtitles).

Overheating pad

2020-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If batteries need updating they will let you know

Just start up RC and craft you should see craft flash green and just take off as normal,

Use Airdata or better still phantom help

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2020-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day RePrEsEnT. Thank you for choosing DJI and for reaching out. After DJI Fly application is connected to the aircraft, DJI Fly application will indicate that the battery firmware needs to be updated. You can follow the instructions to update the firmware. You may use only the remote controller of the DJI Mavic Mini when flying the drone. It will fly just fine without a mobile device attached, but you won't have access to the intelligent flight modes. In addition,  the DJI Mavic Mini's Operating Temperature Range is from 0° to 40°C ( 32° to 104°F ). For reference, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to fly in cold and hot weather. Thank you and fly safe always.

2020-1-28
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Hello fellow MM pilot. You have my thumbs up for the heating dissipation... but probably more useful with far warmer weather.

I suggest you use DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic to update the RC (remote control) and every IFB (intelligent flight battery), one after one inside the drone. You can detach the mobile from the remote and that should allow the best degree of freedom for taking pictures, or you can still use the mobile while connected providing the camera interface and lens have enough clearance.
15802431807450.jpg
2020-1-28
Use props
RePrEsEnT
lvl.4
Slovenia

Thank you all for reply.
I tried method u provide me, but LED on drone just blinking red and don't let me take off. What i'm missing?
2020-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RePrEsEnT Posted at 1-28 12:48
Thank you all for reply.
I tried method u provide me, but LED on drone just blinking red and don't let me take off. What i'm missing?

It could be looking for calibration you can check by putting phone in first
2020-1-28
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 301250 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a separate log .txt file for each flight.   I am an iOS user and find mine using the Files app at On My Phone/DJI Fly/FlightRecords/FILENAMEwithDate.txt
Enjoy your new Mini.
2020-1-28
Use props
RePrEsEnT
lvl.4
Slovenia

I just put my drone on table where the light is brighter and guess what? LED's on drone goes green and i can take off.

Now i'm going into the LOG things. Thank you all for reply's, much appreciated.

Cheers
2020-1-28
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

You're not allowed to take off unless the VPS gets enough light that it deems safe, otherwise you can force it but I suggest you don't. I'd always start with the mobile device attached, have a pre-flight safety check, have a GPS lock (if outside) and only then start the motors, find a place to hover and detach the mobile.

Always have a pre-flight check, check the weather, use an app like UAV and always operate in vLOS (visual line of sight). Fly safe !
2020-1-28
Use props
RePrEsEnT
lvl.4
Slovenia

m80116 Posted at 1-28 13:50
You're not allowed to take off unless the VPS gets enough light that it deems safe, otherwise you can force it but I suggest you don't. I'd always start with the mobile device attached, have a pre-flight safety check, have a GPS lock (if outside) and only then start the motors, find a place to hover and detach the mobile.

Always have a pre-flight check, check the weather, use an app like UAV and always operate in vLOS (visual line of sight). Fly safe !

I'm not first time drone user, and i'm aware everything u stated. I'm just first time Mavic mini user. Before, when i had Spark i never vist any forum or ask anybody for nothing. I just fly and learn by myself and abuse my Spark to her's limits (3xtimes in deep water, numerous times hitting trees and so on...) Here's my first and only video that i uploaded on social media... I'll try to find a cached video of my final chrash of Spark and i'll upload it...

2020-1-28
Use props
RePrEsEnT
lvl.4
Slovenia

@BobWinNV

Thank you pointing me to that folder, i found it. And what's about that LOG/export thing in DJI assistant option? File is pretty large, about 450MB called "EXPORT_FILE_2020-01-28_18-22-09.DAT" ?
2020-1-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you finally received your MM.  You seem really excited.  That was a great idea for heat dissipation.  Good luck on having better weather very soon.
2020-1-28
Use props
djiuser_ed55KRvJNUQ7
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 12:16
Hello and good day RePrEsEnT. Thank you for choosing DJI and for reaching out. After DJI Fly application is connected to the aircraft, DJI Fly application will indicate that the battery firmware needs to be updated. You can follow the instructions to update the firmware. You may use only the remote controller of the DJI Mavic Mini when flying the drone. It will fly just fine without a mobile device attached, but you won't have access to the intelligent flight modes. In addition,  the DJI Mavic Mini's Operating Temperature Range is from 0° to 40°C ( 32° to 104°F ). For reference, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to fly in cold and hot weather. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmYlKhx_-l0

Im having problems with my mini mavic gimball is lock and camera not working
2020-1-28
Use props
RePrEsEnT
lvl.4
Slovenia

As I promised... here's the last flight with my Sparky. Went in to the sport mode, trying fly below the bridge  and... BUM Stream of the river was  strong at the place so i wasn't  able to retrive the drone.  Lessons learned! Today my MM want to fly but i didn't have  time to flly her, also temperatures were below 0.  I think i'll not use Sport mode anymore in such situations, but....

Cheers
2020-1-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_ed55KRvJNUQ7 Posted at 1-28 19:16
Im having problems with my mini mavic gimball is lock and camera not working

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that the gimbal and the camera of your DJI Mavic Mini is not working properly. May we know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened and have you tried to refresh the firmware of the said drone as well. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules