Do we need a bigger Mavic with better specifications?!
1036 14 2020-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Imagine a bigger Mavic size with the following specifications:

Weight: 3.5 kg
Max distance: 10 km
Max Wind Resistance: 50.0 k/h

Max flight time: 60 minutes

The controller should be with a 7" display high brightness!

2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ahmed Hussain. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out your valued insights with regards to this matter. I hope that you will get the best feedback from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. In addition, as of the moment we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.
2020-2-1
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Thanks Stephen and have a good time.
2020-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2-1 11:22
Thanks Stephen and have a good time.

You are very much welcome Ahmed Hussain. Please stays safe always and keep on flying.
2020-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here in the EU we might need a smaller Mavic (than M2...)
2020-2-1
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

The "Wind Resistance" issue is very important because nearly most of the year it is windy at 100 meters altitude.

2020-2-3
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I agree with better wind resistance.    The bigger drones can handle it, though, I'm not fond of spending that much money, as I'm not in 'big production'.  On some great looking days to get fantastic aerial shots, the wind speed for specific areas discourages me going out to fly.
2020-2-5
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Neo Supreme Posted at 2-5 05:38
I agree with better wind resistance.    The bigger drones can handle it, though, I'm not fond of spending that much money, as I'm not in 'big production'.  On some great looking days to get fantastic aerial shots, the wind speed for specific areas discourages me going out to fly.

I agree with you Neo Supreme, therefore, I wish DJI to concentrate on wind resistant issue.
2020-2-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With those specs you'd be better off asking for an Inspire 3 Or Matrice 300 with a longer flight time. Those aren't the specs of a Mavic which has always been about portability.
2020-2-5
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

A J Posted at 2-5 10:00
With those specs you'd be better off asking for an Inspire 3 Or Matrice 300 with a longer flight time. Those aren't the specs of a Mavic which has always been about portability.

You are right AJ, but a little bigger Mavic with those specifications will be a great drone.
2020-2-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2-7 09:26
You are right AJ, but a little bigger Mavic with those specifications will be a great drone.

It would be an awesome drone but 3.5KG is the weight of an Inspire which requires a suit case to carry it. The key would be a drone the size of a Mavic Mini with those specs but 60 minutes on a single flight would get very boring.
2020-2-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Or a foldable Phantom.
2020-2-8
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

A J Posted at 2-8 11:16
It would be an awesome drone but 3.5KG is the weight of an Inspire which requires a suit case to carry it. The key would be a drone the size of a Mavic Mini with those specs but 60 minutes on a single flight would get very boring.

The idea of the weight 3.5 kg is to be able for a bigger battery that could fly 60 minutes and bigger motors for wind resistance. DJI may do it less than 3.5 kg weight.  
2020-2-9
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Lucas775 Posted at 2-8 12:24
Or a foldable Phantom.

That was my dream since DJI released the old Mavic pro.
2020-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2-9 11:10
That was my dream since DJI released the old Mavic pro.

That would be awesome!
2020-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules