Phantom 2 V+ motor replacement
2552 3 2015-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akon-eminem
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi ! I crashed my phantom 2 vision + upside down and now the motors are twitching, i read that they need to be replaced. I wonder if its just for me to order the cw and ccw motors and solder them together with the existing cables if i cut them in half. Or do i need to measure the lenght of cables or something like that when it comes to amps and so on.  Or if there is anything else for me to think about?
Thanks ! //Antonio Magnusson

Motors im ordering: http://www.helipal.com/phantom2- ... sion-motor-ccw.html    and then the cw ones
2015-6-13
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

First you need to determine if it's the motor or the motor controler(ESC) that is causing the twitching. The motor only follows the ESC commands. Unless it's a bent shaft or bearing problem it the controller. Take your hand and turn each motor shaft and see if the all feal the same. Put your ear down next to it and listen as you turn it for any grinding noise or scratching.  If they all feal the same and turn equally free the I wold suspect the ESC. Regardless, my rule of thum for added insurance is if I change a motor I change the ESC. Cheap insurance for about $19.00 more on each motor.  Remember the motor and controller keep her in the air. Just my $1.00 worth. Just match the motor with the same type you have. You can tell by looking at the size of wires and down the top of the motor at the windings. The screw foundation is different also.
2015-6-13
Use props
akon-eminem
lvl.1

Sweden

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-13 23:57
First you need to determine if it's the motor or the motor controler(ESC) that is causing the twitch ...

Thanks for the answer ! I just made sure it was the motors by switching 2 of the CCW motors with each other. (One working and one twitching) and the twitching changed position. So it must be the motors. And i also remembered that i took it for a flight after the crash quick before going to my cousin and it worked then (i have a memory like a goldfish) but yesterday on a trip to the suburbs they twitched, looked up and it was because i used prop guard screws instead of normal screws and it ruined the motors.  Anyways i have 4 new originak motors on the way with express shipping because i really want my phantom dureing the summer break Thanks for the tips and help, have a good day !
2015-6-13
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I would change ESCs and motors since you have it apart anyway. The motors will have the correct length of wire you need for soldering to the ESC. But again, I would change the ESCs as well. If it flipped over on spinning props, the ESCs have been stressed. Changing them now may save you in the future. You need a pretty hot iron for the ESC connection to the main board.
2015-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules