11761 27 2020-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with the new S20 range with the Mavic series, in particular the M2P.

I have the Ultra but before I try wondered if anyone else had?

I appreciate it isnt supported yet by DJI on the list of approved devices...

Cheers
2020-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members that currently using this mobile device. Just a friendly reminder, We do recommend using the compatible mobile device to run the application to avoid any uncertain errors and problem since this model that you had mentioned is currently not supported. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-3-12
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Just load the app and try it.
That will tell you what you need to know...
There have been a few issues with the latest Android OS update...

2020-3-12
Use props
Tyler Durden
New
Flight distance : 12963 ft
Australia

I'll give it a go (when I receive my S20 Ultra) and wil let you know how it goes.
2020-5-3
Use props
Drone'sEyePhoto
New
Flight distance : 1574633 ft
Poland

I'd like also to know if it is compatible. I'm thinking about buying S20.
2020-5-8
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've used it the past 10 or so flights. Seems very good and stable. I haven't tried follow me yet. My S8 used to freeze when I tried that. May do in the next few days.
2020-5-9
Use props
Drone#39sEyePhoto
New
Poland

MavicRich Posted at 5-9 13:09
I've used it the past 10 or so flights. Seems very good and stable. I haven't tried follow me yet. My S8 used to freeze when I tried that. May do in the next few days.

What drone did you fly with Samsung S20? Mavic 2? I'm asking because if you use DJI Fly, then it is different application than DJI GO 4. DJI Fly is officially compatible with S20.
2020-5-10
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Drone#39sEyePhoto Posted at 5-10 14:20
What drone did you fly with Samsung S20? Mavic 2? I'm asking because if you use DJI Fly, then it is different application than DJI GO 4. DJI Fly is officially compatible with S20.

Mavic 2 Pro I'm using, not Air 2.
2020-5-10
Use props
Roamingskies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 646667 ft
Australia

I have connected to my Mavic 2 Pro with my S20+ and it seems to be fine.
2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_jv9iPVO6veVp
New

United States

Having massive connecting issues from my Samsung s20ultra and the mavic pro 2. Is this issue still not fixed? Because I've only been able to record like 15 seconds before it disconnects and im wondering why I paid almost 2k for some obsolete ass technology. Any help would be great seeing as I've been wasting my entire controller battery just trying to connect.
2020-6-13
Use props
djiuser_jv9iPVO6veVp
New

United States

Having massive connecting issues from my Samsung s20ultra and the mavic pro 2. Is this issue still not fixed? Because I've only been able to record like 15 seconds before it disconnects and im wondering why I paid almost 2k for some obsolete ass technology. Any help would be great seeing as I've been wasting my entire controller battery just trying to connect.
2020-6-13
Use props
Drone#39sEyePhoto
New
Poland

Finally I bought Samsung S20. Unfortunately I have also connection issues with Mavic 2 Pro. After some time, maybe a few seconds, it disconnects.
I noticed that when connecting to down USB port (this big) it works fine. Anyone has managed to use side USB port?
2020-6-16
Use props
milehightai
lvl.1
United States

I have a S20 Ultra and lately have been experiencing remote controller connection issues to the drone. Doesn't matter if it's the side port or lower port.
2020-6-19
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd imagine the S20 Ultra would be fine especially with the RAM that phone comes equipped with, heck I'm still using my S7 and it handles DJI Go Fly 4 application just fine, never had any unorthodox issues.
2020-6-19
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just an update from me. I've used the S20 for probably 20 odd flights. It works very well for me, I use the side port.

I have had 2 instances where its disconnects though. I am unsure if this is phone related, or port/ cable.

I didn't have any disconnects with my S8 though however it really struggled with more intensive things like drawing a box around a point of interest for some reason. The S20 doesn't struggle at all with this, probably because of the increased RAM.
2020-6-20
Use props
csadrone
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello,
Somebody with NO disconnections issues using Galaxy s20+ and mavic 2(zoom or pro - DJI GO 4)?

thanks
2020-8-18
Use props
djiuser_ui9Muuxwsrhb
New

United States

I've owned a DJI Spark for a couple of years and have seldom used it.

Recently I've needed to use it, only to learn the Spark is incompatible with both my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 phone and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 tablet.

Even worse, since Samsung no longer makes or markets the Spark, I'm concerned it will not work to make the Spark compatible with newer phones and tablets.

Anybody have insight into this issue?  FINGERS CROSSED!!!
2020-10-7
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Drone#39sEyePhoto Posted at 6-16 04:40
Finally I bought Samsung S20. Unfortunately I have also connection issues with Mavic 2 Pro. After some time, maybe a few seconds, it disconnects.
I noticed that when connecting to down USB port (this big) it works fine. Anyone has managed to use side USB port?
Its not uncommon for us to eventually exhibit problems with the side port and the included short cables.  The cables and possibly the port gets worn.  The bottom full A port is the way to go.  If it works with that port OK, then it's not the phone.
By the way, if you use the bottom port, be sure to remove the short ca the side port.  If you don't, then data is disabled on the bottom port.
2020-11-27
Use props
fans44210149
New
Flight distance : 265571 ft
Colombia

Big connection problems while flying. Dji Go v4 for mavic pro and Samsung S20.  Try Reset mavic and hard reset on Android only Dji installed and the same error.  Dji practically ignores these mistakes.  android 11
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_ortmnHZ6UyCP
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-3-12 07:46
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members that currently using this mobile device. Just a friendly reminder, We do recommend using the compatible mobile device to run the application to avoid any uncertain errors and problem since this model that you had mentioned is currently not supported. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I have the mavic air 2 a year ago and my cell phone is a samsing s20 ultra.  Everything worked perfect until 2 months ago when the app was disconnected with my cell phone and I couldn't fly my drone again.  any solution?  it is very frustrating to have spent so much money on something that now has no compatibility.  what should i do?
2021-5-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ortmnHZ6UyCP Posted at 5-26 22:55
I have the mavic air 2 a year ago and my cell phone is a samsing s20 ultra.  Everything worked perfect until 2 months ago when the app was disconnected with my cell phone and I couldn't fly my drone again.  any solution?  it is very frustrating to have spent so much money on something that now has no compatibility.  what should i do?

We're sorry to read about the problem you're experiencing. Can you confirm the current version of your DJI Fly? If you haven't tried, you can download and use the latest version of the DJI Fl to see if the issue can be resolve. You can download the updated version here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-5-27
Use props
djiuser_LoodczqsBopa
New

Indonesia

I use s20 ultra for my mavic mini. It works but the radar not showing on phone screen. So i must always use the mini map on app to know the position of the drone.
2021-6-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just bought a new S10+ 512gb to replace my S8+, WHY ? compatible with Go4 and Fly app. Works a treat, Android 11. Great phone, if it was n't for flying my drones,  probably would have bought a S20 Ultra. S10+ UK spec working without any problems.
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_ortmnHZ6UyCP
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-27 03:13
We're sorry to read about the problem you're experiencing. Can you confirm the current version of your DJI Fly? If you haven't tried, you can download and use the latest version of the DJI Fl to see if the issue can be resolve. You can download the updated version here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

download the app from the web the version is 1.5.4
2021-12-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_ortmnHZ6UyCP Posted at 12-29 14:35
download the app from the web the version is 1.5.4

M2P and M2Z can only make use of Go4. Latest version is 4.3.46 for some time now.

Not sure if it is Android 12 compatible yet, like the fly app.
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_ortmnHZ6UyCP
lvl.1
Argentina

JohnDG Posted at 12-29 21:21
M2P and M2Z can only make use of Go4. Latest version is 4.3.46 for some time now.

Not sure if it is Android 12 compatible yet, like the fly app.

I have a Mavic Air 2 and Samsung s20 ultra and I can't fly. my app is DJI Fly version 1.5.4. I tried whit other phones and work perfect
2021-12-30
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_ortmnHZ6UyCP Posted at 12-30 07:32
I have a Mavic Air 2 and Samsung s20 ultra and I can't fly. my app is DJI Fly version 1.5.4. I tried whit other phones and work perfect

Did you already try to uninstall the app and install it again?
I saw some post like the problem you have with earlier versions of the fly app, typical on the S20 ultra models. I am using a S20fe 5G which has a different chipset from yours without a problem. Maybe the link to the post of another user with the same problem can help you.

Also try to check in other products about the S20 ultra, like https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=256951

2021-12-30
Use props
flewber
New

United States

I have an S20 Ultra 5G running Android 12. I am thinking about getting a DJI mini 2, but I am not sure if my phone will support it. The supported phones list shows S20, but does not specify S20 Ultra. Should I expect my phone to work with a DJI mini 2?
2022-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules