Central processor overheating.
1547 13 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tcnole 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23809 ft
United States

I’ve gotten an error message several times which says central processor overheating. Today I flew 2 flights on 2 batteries and everything worked fine. I then drove about 10 minutes to another location. Put in the new battery and now I get another overheating message again. Is this normal? Do I have a faulty drone? Wonders if anyone has come across this issue?
2020-5-14
Use props
默默地微笑了很久
lvl.2
Flight distance : 507336 ft
China

if you can fly,it is ok.
2020-5-14
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Is there a cooling fan on the Air2? If so, can you hear it kick on?
2020-5-14
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Does the cooling fan on your MA2 turn on when you power up the device? It should. Also, where do you live? If the ambient air temperature is above 95-100, I don't fly. I wouldn't want the battery getting too hot.
2020-5-14
Use props
Tcnole 1
lvl.2
United States

Flycaster Posted at 5-14 08:31
Is there a cooling fan on the Air2? If so, can you hear it kick on?

There is a cooling fan. I can hear it working. I had to let it sit for about 20 minutes before it cooled down. After that the flight went perfectly. I guess it's ok it's just weird that I've had the original Mavic Pro for a number of years and never gotten this error message.
2020-5-14
Use props
Tcnole 1
lvl.2
United States

ICDroneSE Posted at 5-14 08:53
Does the cooling fan on your MA2 turn on when you power up the device? It should. Also, where do you live? If the ambient air temperature is above 95-100, I don't fly. I wouldn't want the battery getting too hot.

Yes I hear the fan when I turn it on. After getting the error message I had to let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes and then it flew perfectly. I live in New York. The temp was 65 degrees today. So definitely not to warm. I guess it is ok, I just wish I knew why it initially gave me the error message.
2020-5-14
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tcnole 1 Posted at 5-14 10:01
Yes I hear the fan when I turn it on. After getting the error message I had to let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes and then it flew perfectly. I live in New York. The temp was 65 degrees today. So definitely not to warm. I guess it is ok, I just wish I knew why it initially gave me the error message.

I live in Las Vegas and have not had any heating problems (yet) while flying in the 90s.  
2020-5-14
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Tcnole 1 Posted at 5-14 10:01
Yes I hear the fan when I turn it on. After getting the error message I had to let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes and then it flew perfectly. I live in New York. The temp was 65 degrees today. So definitely not to warm. I guess it is ok, I just wish I knew why it initially gave me the error message.

65 Degrees is cool and the error should not be popping up... The fan on my MA2 is fairly loud, so if yours is just a whisper, you might want to get it checked out to make sure it isn't a defect.

I fly in 90 degree weather and I don't get any warning like that
2020-5-14
Use props
fansb3f06ea0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112028 ft
United States

I just got my Air 2 this morning and can't even fly it due to that same error "Aircraft Processor Overheated". I tried 4 times. I emailed DJI Support.
2020-5-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Tcnole 1. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this matter has caused you. We recommend sending it in for further diagnosis. You can initiate an online repair request on the following website(https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav). After that, please send me a PM about your CAS number and I will transfer it to the appropriate department. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems. Thanks for your understanding and support.

2020-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansb3f06ea0 Posted at 5-14 13:11
I just got my Air 2 this morning and can't even fly it due to that same error "Aircraft Processor Overheated". I tried 4 times. I emailed DJI Support.

Hi, there.  We are very sorry about that.  Please send it in for further diagnosis. You can start an online repair request on the following website. After that, please send me a PM about your CAS number and I will transfer it to the appropriate department. Please feel free to contact us if you have any problems.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-5-15
Use props
fansbbe3de44
New
Flight distance : 18222 ft
United States

I'm experiencing the same problem along with a camera error as well (RCAM not connected 10018). Looks like I'll need to initiate a repair. Sucks as I've only been able to fly it around 30 minutes.
2020-5-15
Use props
beaulebens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27182 ft
United States

Just jumping on here to say I have the exact same issue. I can only get a few minutes of flying before it overheats. Really disappointing. Outside temp for me was around 70F. I've just submitted an email support request so will see what DJI says.
2020-5-17
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here.  Fan runs but as soon as I begin recording any video I get the error
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules