Loss of video signal with Android 4.4.2
621 2 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simonm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 406886 ft
United Kingdom

I've got a strange problem losing the video signal with my two Android tablets running Pilot App 1.1.0 and I can't find it reported anywhere else. These are Hudl 2 tablets running Android 4.4.2 and the problem exists on both. When I start up everything is fine but if I leave the Pilot App Camera/Map screen for any reason (without shutting it down), when I come back the video has gone and the only way to restore it is by switching off the aircraft and powering up again.

These tablets were bought a week ago to use as dedicated screens, and I've just about got rid of everything I can to free up as much processing power as possible for the Pilot App. I've tried everything I can think of to sort out the problem - turning the RC off/on, Pilot App off/on and reinstalling Pilot App but nothing works.

Before taking the tablets back I just want to find out if anybody else has come across this problem with an Android tablet - and if so is there a solution?

Hoping the answer is out there.

Thanks
2015-6-16
Use props
simonm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 406886 ft
United Kingdom

Replying to myself - the problem is sorted thanks to the Android 1.2.0 upgrade.

I was just about to return my Hudl 2 to Tesco but seems the problem was in the app. The Hudl gets another lease of life. Perfect size for the job and at £44 after using my vouchers (£99 without) I can afford to make it a dedicated tool for the job.
2015-6-17
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

You bought two non supported tablets!
The Hudl's just do not have enough grunt to run the Pilot app efficiently/reliably.
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules