RC battery drainning
367 4 2020-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmrochelleyahoo.com
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I bought a new samsung galaxy tab a 10.1 and it drains the remote RC very fast. Is there a way to stop it? Thanks for your help.
2020-6-2
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

only if you use an IOS device, there is a option to stop Charging Remote Control
2020-6-2
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You might want to get a USB ammeter and see what current is being drawing from the controller, my Note 4, S5 and S6 all draw around 400mA according to the likes of this, I don't know if those ammeters are spot on accurate but I'd guess they give a reasonably true reading.

You don't say which phantom or, and more relevant, which controller but for the likes of the GL300A, B, C  (6000mAh battery) that current is not a problem and I can fly quite a few drone batteries worth before I even begin to think about ch\rging the controller
2020-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jmrochelleyahoo.com. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. The reason why your mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 ) is discharging your DJI remote controller. This is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.
2020-6-2
Use props
jmrochelleyahoo.com
lvl.1
United States

The remote is for the phantom series copter the phantom 4. I think the battery is dying in the remote. I noticed it will not charge all the way up.
2020-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules