Snapping photos while video-ing
1301 6 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dstahl
New
Flight distance : 119656 ft
United States

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem...While flying and recording video, there are times when I just want to snap a photo, but when I push the tiny icon on my iPhone 6 to go to photo mode, it often does not switch - it just sticks - very frustrating.  I'm wondering if there is a way to program a physical button under the remote controller to toggle back and forth from video mode to photo mode and back again.  The tiny virtual button on the screen just does not respond

I've resorted to bringing the copter down.  Switching to photo mode, then reflying to snap the photo.  There's got to be a better way.

Thanks!

Dan
2015-6-17
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Stop recording video and then you are able to take a photo. You don't have to switch with the tiny icons on your screen, you can do this with the dedicated buttons on your RC.
Lefthand button: start/stop video, righthand button: take photo. Taking photos while video-ing is not possible
2015-6-17
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Why can't  you just take a picture while recording. DJI should make that happen in a firmware update....
2015-6-17
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's possible to capture frames from video and save them as images aftwards, but the image quality similar to JPG quality. It's certainly not a workaround if you need to work with RAW images though.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-17
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Jack57 Posted at 2015-6-18 04:00
Why can't  you just take a picture while recording. DJI should make that happen in a firmware update ...

Maybe they *should.* But they haven't done that yet!
Therefore you must stop the video before you can take a still.

I too experienced the problem you describe - in testing everything following the latest firmware update, I had problems making the switch work properly in the pilot app as well. I gave up and used the external switches on the RC.
2015-6-17
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's pretty neat to be able to quickly swap through the buttons on the TX  - much better than the plus where you HAD to use the screen button.
2015-6-19
Use props
fritz
lvl.2

United States

Come on, this issue keeps coming up. This isn't firmware or software, they would have to add an additional camera for this. You can't use the camera you are using to video to take a still picture without stopping the video and resetting the shutter. The video is simply a still camera taking pictures 60 times a second or whatever.
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules