What Video Editing Software Do You Use?
2912 27 2020-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Greetings. I would like to delve into the world of video editing and would like to know what video editing software (PC compatible) all you video editors use and perhaps any recommendations and/or comments concerning your video editing software? Thank you for any insight.
2020-6-29
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1651168 ft
United States

Shotcut.   I'm not a power user requiring pro grade and I don't like the idea of subscriptions.
2020-6-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FCPX for Mac is excellent costs $299 one off payment really super software.
LumaFusion is probably the best bang for buck video SW, it really is excellent, unfortunately for some it only works on iOS it costs $20 one off payment and for drone footage particularly 4k it’s incredibly fast and very easy to use.

Da Vinci resolve is also excellent SW and is free for one version, it’s really good but takes time to work out and can be tedious to learn, give yourself plenty of time and you will get some good results.

Premier Pro similar to FCPX takes a bit of time to work it out but it’s excellent editing system, con it costs approx $30 per month every month forever.

I use both FCPX and LumaFusion.
2020-6-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-29 08:26
FCPX for Mac is excellent costs $299 one off payment really super software.
LumaFusion is probably the best bang for buck video SW, it really is excellent, unfortunately for some it only works on iOS it costs $20 one off payment and for drone footage particularly 4k it’s incredibly fast and very easy to use.

I think I'll give LumaFusion a try
2020-6-29
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I use Edius 9 Workgroup and DaVinci Resolve 16.
2020-6-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

MisterFrag Posted at 6-29 08:34
I use Edius 9 Workgroup and DaVinci Resolve 16.

I use DaVinci resolve 16 too.

Great tool...
2020-6-29
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I learned on all the Adobe platforms so I am partial to their software. It is now subscription based but I think its work it. It will all come down to how much you want to get involved in the process. If you want a unlimited potential type experience then the Adobe suite is for you. All the apps work seamlessly together. You can create still work in Photoshop and Lightroom. Your footage can be fully edited and color graded in Premier Pro and you can create some cool effects in After Effects.

Good luck on your search.
2020-6-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 6-29 08:31
I think I'll give LumaFusion a try

I don’t think you’ll be dissapointed, lots of tutorials on you tube and pretty easy to understand and it produces really goo edits, but for €20 you can’t go wrong .
2020-6-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-29 11:08
I don’t think you’ll be dissapointed, lots of tutorials on you tube and pretty easy to understand and it produces really goo edits, but for €20 you can’t go wrong .

Thanks mate. Looks like a channel called 'air photography' has done a good tutorial on it. I'll watch it later then hook up the app to my iOS devices. It's about time I started editing these vids but final cut is another step for me at this stage so this looks like a great compromise.
2020-6-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 6-29 11:13
Thanks mate. Looks like a channel called 'air photography' has done a good tutorial on it. I'll watch it later hook it up to my iOS devices. It's about time I started editing these vids but final cut is another step for me at this stage.

Yeah it was him who convinced me to try it.
2020-6-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-29 11:14
Yeah it was him who convinced me to try it.

Hahaha - there we go!
2020-6-29
Use props
FlashNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391709 ft
United States

Another vote for DaVinci Resolve. We moved to it after trying Shotcut first. For us Shotcut crashed all the time. DaVinci Resolve has been rock solid so far. Bit of a learning curve though if you really want to get into advanced colour grading though. And a powerful NVidia GPU would not go astray if you have it.
2020-6-29
Use props
Nolan Silvius
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238163 ft
United States

I use Premiere Pro, it is a little pricey but it works amazing!
2020-6-29
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

FlashNY Posted at 6-29 11:19
Another vote for DaVinci Resolve. We moved to it after trying Shotcut first. For us Shotcut crashed all the time. DaVinci Resolve has been rock solid so far. Bit of a learning curve though if you really want to get into advanced colour grading though. And a powerful NVidia GPU would not go astray if you have it.

That's not surprising since Resolve started out as a color grading tool and only added editing features later on.

The free version has all of the features that most of us would ever need. For the price, it can't be beat.
2020-6-29
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I moved from Hitfilm Express to Davinci Resolve for better support of "proxies" as I started shooting in 4k.
2020-6-29
Use props
MICHAL01
lvl.2
Ireland

One important detail!
It's also about your PC, not only the app.
for 1080 videos it's fine.
but for 4K you already need something much better and stronger
2020-6-29
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/ca/products/davinciresolve/
One of the best there is (beats Premier Pro, in my opinion) and its free.
Learning curve is steep but this is software which is used by Hollywood producers.

Mirek
2020-6-29
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

LumaFusion is a great editing software.  Only for iOS though
2020-6-29
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I use a variety based on my needs, and which platform I happen to be sitting at...  Lately I have been using FinalCut Pro X for he Mac as its on my laptop.... I moved locations a little while back and still have not unpacked all my PC gear.  Sometimes I use my Linux workstation, it also runs a few NLEs.

However, I do like Resolve, Vegas Pro, and at the other end of the spectrum,  Shotcut, Movavi Movie Editor Plus, Handbrake, to name a few.  I don't really edit on anything tablet or phone based, though recently I played with the editor in Fly and also Mimo.  I tried Premiere a few times, but did not like it.

I would suggest you start with all the free ones, see what feels easy enough to get started with and then go from there.  Some of the pro packages can get rather expensive.
2020-6-29
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 301250 ft
  • >>>
United States

I mostly use LumaFusion on an iPad Pro but I also have FCPX on my MacBook Pro.
2020-6-29
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

anyone using filmora?
2020-6-29
Use props
djiuser_r2O0p9KVKPZ4
New
United States

I'm already an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber, and have been for many years. All of my video editing is done in Premiere Pro.
2020-6-29
Use props
Lampengeist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45085 ft
Germany

Final Cut Pro... as a beginner, there is much to learn for me
2020-6-30
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Lampengeist Posted at 6-30 09:02
Final Cut Pro... as a beginner, there is much to learn for me

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experience with video editing. I have decided to go with the LumaFusion app to be used on my Ipad Mini 5.
2020-6-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Magicdroner Posted at 6-30 14:17
Thank you to everyone for sharing your experience with video editing. I have decided to go with the LumaFusion app to be used on my Ipad Mini 5.

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that our valued DJI members was able to provide the best information for your query. Thank you.
2020-7-1
Use props
Chris Lampard
lvl.1

Russia

Video editing is an enjoyable and exciting task. Through it, users can create and design their own videos that can be used for different purposes such as educational content, birthday, anniversary, and a lot more. Meanwhile, you don’t want to get embarrassed when you present it to your audience. What’s more, if you are a newbie in editing video, you will need very easy-to-use programs. You can discover the list of the best video editing software for Windows and macOS in this article.
2021-7-12
Use props
Daegal
lvl.1

United States

Do you know TunesKit AceMovi? It is an amazing video editor. I just found it recently. Before that, I was looking for an easy-to-use video editor to edit my youtube music. I tried many kinds of video editors but most of them are so difficult for me. AceMovi solves my problem and it is easy to learn. According to its information, I found it is compatible with Windows and Mac.
2023-9-27
Use props
TopOnSky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1292264 ft
United Kingdom

kiminx Posted at 2020-6-29 22:17
anyone using filmora?

I used Fimora.

It is pretty easy to use. and just over 40 euro a year.
2023-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules