MAVIC Air 2 Photos With lots of noise on shadow areas
2311 8 2020-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
De Toledo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4625466 ft
Brazil

After the last FW upgrade My Mavic Air 2 is taking pictures near to unusable due to artifacts and noise specific on low light areas. Even with ISO set to 100.
Why DJI do not alow us to control Sharpness, Noise and contrast as they do for any other Drone in the Portfolio with DJI GO 4?

Here a detail of a picture in the AEB mode, ISO 100. (DNG)

Is there any chances DJI fix that ?

Capturaruuuu.JPG
2020-7-10
Use props
De Toledo
lvl.2
Brazil

So maybe I´m the only one...
2020-7-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You could try jpeg.
Maybe that will get better results.
DNG's have lots of noise usually because they get the real sensor readout.
2020-7-13
Use props
De Toledo
lvl.2
Brazil

Montfrooij Posted at 7-13 06:07
You could try jpeg.
Maybe that will get better results.
DNG's have lots of noise usually because they get the real sensor readout.

I do hope You are wrong... because the noise I found on DNG files.. neither Photoshop, Lightroom or Denoise from topaz... saved... But it worth a try,.
2020-8-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

After the last FW upgrade My Mavic Air 2 is taking pictures near to unusable due to artifacts and noise specific on low light areas. Even with ISO set to 100.
The camera has a tiny sensor so it's just not going to work well in shadows and low light.
It was probably just a bad before the update.

Here a detail of a picture in the AEB mode, ISO 100. (DNG)

Was that from a single image or have you combined AEB images?
2020-8-3
Use props
De Toledo
lvl.2
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 8-3 08:45
After the last FW upgrade My Mavic Air 2 is taking pictures near to unusable due to artifacts and noise specific on low light areas. Even with ISO set to 100.
The camera has a tiny sensor so it's just not going to work well in shadows and low light.
It was probably just a bad before the update.

Single Image...

I do had Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Phantom 3 Pro... and neither of those drones were so bad in the shadow noise... I treat and print part of my pictures for exhibitions, so I know What to do with small sensors... and I´m sure that Mavic Air 2, after the last FW update increased dramatically the low light noises for RAW files.
2020-8-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

De Toledo Posted at 8-10 16:16
Single Image...

I do had Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Phantom 3 Pro... and neither of those drones were so bad in the shadow noise... I treat and print part of my pictures for exhibitions, so I know What to do with small sensors... and I´m sure that Mavic Air 2, after the last FW update increased dramatically the low light noises for RAW files.

I don't know if the update made any difference, but the Air 2 has a radically different sensor from your previous drones.
It helps DJI to tick the high megapixel box for their marketing and produces reasonable results in good light.
But it's lousy in shadows and low light situations.
For better results in low light, you need larger pixels and this sensor has gone in the opposite direction.

https://www.gsmarena.com/quad_ba ... ined-news-37459.php
2020-8-10
Use props
De Toledo
lvl.2
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 8-10 20:11
I don't know if the update made any difference, but the Air 2 has a radically different sensor from your previous drones.
It helps DJI to tick the high megapixel box for their marketing and produces reasonable results in good light.
But it's lousy in shadows and low light situations.

I tend to agree... but I´d expect to see DJI work this sensor just like Motorola did with the same sensor for the Motorola One Zoom that works great with the Quadbinig. I also have a Samsung S20 Ultra and the 108MP Sensor with NonaBining produces very good results at night shots...
Unfortunately that´s not the case... but fortunatelly I still have my Mavic 2 Pro... that is far better.
2020-8-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

De Toledo Posted at 8-3 08:10
I do hope You are wrong... because the noise I found on DNG files.. neither Photoshop, Lightroom or Denoise from topaz... saved... But it worth a try,.

I hope you succeeded!
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules