1252 15 2020-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneNeophyte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1460627 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I recently got a Mavic Mini and took 500 practice shots to prepare for my first job. I decided to delete those first 500 practice shots to clear up my SD storage. However, when I take photos or videos now, it sequences the file number after 500 because of those first 500 practice shots. I was wondering if there was a way to reset the sequencing besides Formatting the Card (which did not work for me).
2020-7-16
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's bizzare, I would have sworn there was but can I find the beep beep, no. For what it is worth I think sequential is better as you don't end up with duplicated names.

See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=209155

That implies there is a cheat, presuming the counter still doesn't go beyond ''DJI_0999''.xyz then photo or movie DJI_0999 +1 will, if the camera is set up in the same way as a DSLR, become DJI_0000 or DJI_0001 in another folder on the memory card.

You would need to google etc. to see if the mini's camera does indeed open the second or third or.....folder.

Asumming it does, then all you need do is put a photo with the name DJI_0999.JPG in the last/latest folder and the counter will 'reset' with the next photo taken or video shot.

If the like of Labroides weighs in you will have your confirmation or rebuttal etc.

2020-7-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was wondering if there was a way to reset the sequencing besides Formatting the Card (which did not work for me).
Try formatting the card (again) because that's what you need to do.
2020-7-16
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 7-16 16:06
I was wondering if there was a way to reset the sequencing besides Formatting the Card (which did not work for me).
Try formatting the card (again) because that's what you need to do.

Labroides,  I have just formatted the card belonging to my Mini then put it back in the mini and taking some photos.

Sorry but the naming scheme was NOT reset by the formatting. DJI_0073.MP4 was the last old name, DJI_0074.JPG was the first new name.
2020-7-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-16 16:32
Labroides,  I have just formatted the card belonging to my Mini then put it back in the mini and taking some photos.

Sorry but the naming scheme was NOT reset by the formatting. DJI_0073.MP4 was the last old name, DJI_0074.JPG was the first new name.

Always format the SD card in the aircraft.
2020-7-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-16 17:49
Try turning off sequential file naming in settings, then format the card in the drone.  Power cycle the drone & snap a shot.  This should reset the sequence & you can re-enable sequential file naming to continue on from there.

Try turning off sequential file naming in settings, then format the card in the drone.
But he's flying the Mini and File Index Mode setting is just another of the useful things DJI left out of the DJI Go app.
2020-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, With regards to this matter. I am sorry to say, the available process to reset the counter for the filename is by formatting the SD card. This will ensure that no files names are duplicated after taking a photo or recording. Thank you.
2020-7-16
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-16 17:49
Try turning off sequential file naming in settings, then format the card in the drone.  Power cycle the drone & snap a shot.  This should reset the sequence & you can re-enable sequential file naming to continue on from there.

Perhaps then you could provide the path to the option to turn off sequential file naming?
2020-7-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 7-16 17:03

Ok I will try that but can I ask why you think it will make a difference? That is not a sarcastic question, rather it is a real question
2020-7-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 7-16 17:03

OK tried it, twice, the naming was not reset, sorry, I now have DJI_0081 to DJI_0087. It did however rename the card on each occasion.

Does anyone know where the card stores its name? I would like to recover the original name as it indicated where I got the card from.

2020-7-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-17 04:32
  Try a factory reset through Assistant 2 as I suggested.

Thanks but I was responding to the format suggestions of Labroides & Geebax.
Your comments concerning the usage of Assistant 2 would perhaps be better addressed to the OP
2020-7-17
Use props
DroneNeophyte
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-17 05:52
Ah, I see.  Your comments made me think it was you having the issue & attempting solutions.  Hopefully he will spot my suggestion.

@DroneNeophyte

I've seen your suggestion. I will try that today.
2020-7-17
Use props
DroneNeophyte
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I tried using DJI Assistant 2 but it will not allow me to connect my Mavic Mini to my computer. Any tips?
2020-7-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-17 01:06
Ok I will try that but can I ask why you think it will make a differnce? That is not a sarcastic question, rather it is a real question

It is not so much a difference, but more that it is easier, as you do not have to know what formatting type to use.
2020-7-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-16 15:35
That's bizzare, I would have sworn there was but can I find the beep beep, no. For what it is worth I think sequential is better as you don't end up with duplicated names.

See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=209155

What happens if you copy an existing image to name of next image to be created by drone on internal microSD card and copy an existing image to last possible?

For example: Last drone written image is DJI_550.  Copy DJI_550  to DJI_551 and DJI_0999.
Then take a picture with MM.
2020-7-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The assistant for the mini is this one https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic
Once the assistant is running on your computer, switch on the  mini and be prepared to connect it to the computer (windows) quickly, you have 20 seconds, I think, from switching the Mini on to connect it, otherwise you have to switch the mini off and on again etc. etc..

Re "For example: Last drone written image is DJI_550.  Copy DJI_550  to DJI_551 and DJI_0999. Then take a picture with MM"   

In the attached, I just copied any old photo, taken by the mini, back onto the mSD card ( the card was in a reader) and then renamed that old photo to "DJI_0999.JPG" ( you probably MUST keep the exact format DJI use). I put the card back into the mini and took some photos. The drone CREATED the folder 101MEDIA and saves the new photos to that new folder starting from DJI_0001.JPG as shown

Incidentally for ME to return to my original numbering scheme all I need to do is rename the 'new' photos according to the old scheme i.e. DJI_08088.JPG to DJI_0092.JPG, delete DJI_0999.JPG (this is critical) from the folder 100MEDIA, move or copy the new photos from 101MEDIA to 100MEDIA and then delete the folder 101MDEIA. (It takes longer to type that process than do it)

2020-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules