Why are my props chipped?
2225 12 2020-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christopherpier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 520942 ft
Bulgaria

Hello does anyone know why my propellers are chipped on my Mavic mini even though I have been flying it with the 360º propeller guards all the time?,Please Help
2020-7-22
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

Just replace them. Could be a bad set maybe? Why would you fly with the guards on all the time?
2020-7-22
Use props
christopherpier
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Trevor OV MM Posted at 7-22 04:51
Just replace them. Could be a bad set maybe? Why would you fly with the guards on all the time?

I fly with the guards because I accidentally crashed it into a wall and now I'm paranoid that the same will happen again and also the wall was outside
2020-7-22
Use props
christopherpier
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-22 05:05
Look carefully for marks to see if they have struck the airframe.

OK, I will check it thanks.
2020-7-22
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

If you fly outdoors in the wild with prop-cage on is far more likely that your Mini could be dragged away by the wind... the prop guards shouldn't be used unless strictly necessary (very tight and close to the OP spaces, no wind).

Props usually get chipped by impacts with debris, a valid explanation could be launch and landing on unpaved area, where chips and bits can be set flying and then sucked in by the propellers. It's a bad practice that should be avoided, MM motors are also sensitive to dust and grains which might cause motor blockages and increased resistance.
2020-7-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

christopherpier Posted at 7-22 05:26
I fly with the guards because I accidentally crashed it into a wall and now I'm paranoid that the same will happen again and also the wall was outside

Did you check the blades for chips after the crash, and find none?
Or did you install new blades, and those became chipped?
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there christopherpier. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application? Since there was a crash that happened before. I would suggest replacing the propellers of your DJI Mavic Mini and see if still the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-7-22
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

If it’s the front propellers your probably suffering form then hitting the body of the aircraft, do you hear a clicking sound sometimes?
2020-7-23
Use props
christopherpier
lvl.1
Bulgaria

TDZHDTV Posted at 7-23 03:32
If it’s the front propellers your probably suffering form then hitting the body of the aircraft, do you hear a clicking sound sometimes?

I'm not sure I don't think so
2020-7-26
Use props
christopherpier
lvl.1
Bulgaria

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 7-22 09:09
Did you check the blades for chips after the crash, and find none?
Or did you install new blades, and those became chipped?

I installed new blades and they  became chipped.
2020-7-26
Use props
christopherpier
lvl.1
Bulgaria

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-22 20:56
Hello there christopherpier. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application? Since there was a crash that happened before. I would suggest replacing the propellers of your DJI Mavic Mini and see if still the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.

No, I haven't received any error notifications on the DJI fly app and also I have Changed the propellers after the crash.
2020-7-26
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You should think of the cage like snow chains for car tyres:

Very useful in the right circumstances but you wouldn't leave them on just in case it snows.

Are all your blades chipped? can you post pictures?
2020-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

christopherpier Posted at 7-26 02:15
No, I haven't received any error notifications on the DJI fly app and also I have Changed the propellers after the crash.

Hi there christopherpier. It is good to know that you are not receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application and for changing the propellers of the said drone. If in case that you feel that your DJI mavic Mini is not work or flying properly on your future flight. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules