Business buyers beware
2763 6 2015-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uasltd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Our company purchased DJI products. We were told all the duties and taxes are paid before we purchased, so we would have nothing to pay upon receipt of the goods in the UK.

As the price was the same buying from DJI directly as retail outlets in the UK, we decided to purchase straight from DJI. We thought this would get us better support in case of a issue.

This was a HUGE mistake. Firstly we had to wait near 2 weeks for the items to be dispatched (with horrendous communication from DJI). But this was not the worst problem. When we tried to get a invoice this did not show VAT so it could not be reclaimed.

Then when we asked DJI directly for a VAT invoice as it showed no VAT breakdown, duties and VAT had been paid. This was sent and we forwarded to Customs & Excise

Customs & Excise in the UK have rejected the invoice saying "we are unable to pay the VAT as there is no proof that VAT has been paid upon entering the UK , the VAT number DJI supplied is not a valid UK VAT number and we believe relates to VAT in China"

So now we cannot claim back the VAT over £500. As VAT can only be reclaimed if you can show its been paid. DJI cannot show this and have failed to help resolve this matter.

What we should have done was purchase from a UK retailer where VAT could have been reclaimed. Instead we have lost over £500 and DJI sell the items at full retail cutting out the dealer channel. They also charge local taxes and cannot show they have paid these.

Morale of the story DONT buy from DJI if you need a valid VAT invoice to reclaim VAT, you get terrible support and a huge amount of wasted time and money. Buy locally at least you will get a proper reclaimable invoice and legal rights.

2015-6-19
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

A great post, thanks for the warning.  Dji's success is because of their product, not their business aptitude.
2015-7-9
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow I am so disappointed.
2015-7-10
Use props
FloridaDroneLLC
lvl.1

United States

We have been waiting over a month for the Phantom 3 Professional and a few accessories. We received the extra batteries and charger 3 1/2 weeks after we ordered. We sent numerous emails to figure out whats going on, but cant hardly get a straight answer even when they did respond. As best as we can figure, DJI is way behind in the factory and trying to catch up.

DJI's customer support is lacking HUGELY, but at least the products are top of the line (so far).

Our Inspire 1 only took 2 1/2 weeks to show up here in Florida and it's a wonderful piece of equipment. We will probably order another Inspire 1 soon.
2015-7-10
Use props
jorge.riverarey
New

Mexico

Hello:

Do you still have the VAT number of DJI China???

I need it to import my Osmo to Mexico. My order is delayed at customs for that and DJI online help dosnt help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
2016-8-18
Use props
jorge.riverarey
New

Mexico

Hello:

I need it to import my Osmo to Mexico. My order is delayed at customs for that and DJI online help dosnt help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
2016-8-18
Use props
jorge.riverarey
New

Mexico

Hello:

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules