New prop color combo
1495 10 2015-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
contact
lvl.1

United States

Not sure if this is allowed but I plan on making some cool color combos and selling them. This is my 3rd time dying props. Let me know what you think and if anyone is interested in buying them for $25 shipped anywhere in the usa.

Orange/Red
prop2.jpg
prop.jpg
2015-6-22
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

Are you able to do a zebra or leopard print by taping up a section of it, dying it, then taping up the dyed part and dying again?
2015-6-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Cacc Posted at 2015-6-23 20:29
Are you able to do a zebra or leopard print by taping up a section of it, dying it, then taping up t ...

Cacc,

It would probably work if you could find tape that wouldn't come off when soaking in the scalding hot dyed water. The method I use requires you to soak the props in dyed water just below the boiling point, I think the tape would probably come off.

Jerry
2015-6-23
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

$25? How many propellers do you get? I can buy 4 packs of $6 propellers from dji or my hobby store then dye them myself...
2015-6-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Contact,

The props look cool. I played with different colors but now just run white on the front and black on the back. I also have Summitlink removable prop guards for both my P2 and P3. The removable guards require a "puck" like piece be installed on the bird under each motor. I dye the pucks as well. It really does help with LOS orientation while flying.

Jerry
2015-6-23
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

If you had a vinyl sticker or a peel-away paint that could stand the heat, would the Rit dye penetrate that or could you get some really nice white spots around the colour?
2015-6-23
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Cacc Posted at 2015-6-24 02:41
If you had a vinyl sticker or a peel-away paint that could stand the heat, would the Rit dye penetra ...

I have dyed rifle parts this way. Do the lighter color you want first then tape off design and do darker. Works like a charm. Just remember to do light to dark. You can't go dark to light. ;-)
2015-6-23
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.2

United States

I'd go for a set in a nice tartan plaid, please
2015-6-23
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Fingerlaker Posted at 2015-6-24 09:33
I'd go for a set in a nice tartan plaid, please

Don't want colored props at all. Want the props to have very small, very lightweight LEDs. But super special LEDs. LEDs so advanced that despite being 1 mm in diameter, from the ground they look like they're 25 feet across. Maybe then I could tell the orientation of my Phantom from more than 100 feet!

Hey! One can dream!

It's kind of amusing in a way. Everybody and his brother tries to come up with ways to identify front from back when it gets way up in the air. I can recognize a car coming from quite a distance - I think! But stick that Phantom 125 feet up in the air and my vision goes to lunch!
2015-6-24
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-24 22:53
Don't want colored props at all. Want the props to have very small, very lightweight LEDs. But sup ...

True! l've considered painting the bottom of mine black because not only can l not see the lights, l can't even see the Phantom in the sky. Guaranteed when l hear it buzzing back to me it's in a completely different place than l thought it would be, even with FPV.
2015-6-24
Use props
contact
lvl.1

United States

I'm also selling these orange colored ones if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI ... geName=STRK:MESE:IT
2015-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules