setting your RTH
1499 8 2015-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mspinner1
lvl.1

United States

wondering on what most ppl set there height at for the return to home? when activated, does it instantly go to that height then cruz to above the landing point then decend?

2015-6-24
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Mine is set to 120ft for now
2015-6-24
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

180 feet for me. I have some tall trees around my place. Yes it ascends and the flies to home point and descends. If its within so many feet of the home point it will just land. I can't remember the distance.
2015-6-24
Use props
SULTAN This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I set my RTH at 30m. I only fly out in the open, and try to avoid areas with trees or other structures that will inhibit my flying.
Depending, on where I am actually flying, that height may be adjusted. I do also check it, before each flight.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-25
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also, keep in mind that your Phantom will immediately start returning home if you move the throttle stick while it's ascending.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-25
Use props
nr.kyborg
lvl.3

Denmark

set mine at 80m. Better safe than sorry
2015-6-25
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

An old boyscout method of measuring the height of a nearby obsticle is to find a stick or something that's about your height, and lean it up against the obsticle, stand way back, and simply count how many sticks tall the thing is.  Then just do the math, and adjust the RTH height accordingly.  

It's just an estimate, but if you add 10' or 20' to your calculation, you should be safe.

RTH Height2.png

2015-6-26
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

I set 50m for RTH
2015-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now