GPS satellites interfering with FPV?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rift
lvl.2

United States

My P3P is on firmware 1.1.9. I was messing around today indoors with my props off just going through the app and settings when I noticed something. The FPV link was pretty much lag free at worse a slight delay here and there, even when moving the quad someplace further away from me. Since I was indoor is showed zero satelites, however I then powered down the quad went outside and powered it back up. This time the FPV was laggy and pixelated like it was during my first flight.

My question is have others noticed this same behaviour? If so what firmware are you currently running?

Thanks in advanced!
2015-6-26
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you are definetly on to something here.. Someone mentioned the same thing some time back ( can't remember what firmware ). I have no idea HOW this would cause an issue but you are not the first to mention the phenomenon.

Not everyone is having it ( like most of the issues ) and I have now only read 2 mentions of it directly. I'm sure its an avenue DJI will be looking at.

If yuo could somehow video this happening it would be great to see the big difference in experience between indoors with no GPS and outdoors with..
2015-6-27
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Its been reported before in this thread.
Looks like the GPS code and FPV code are running on the same thread when should be running on separate threads.
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules