P3 Pro - Pilot App 1.2.0 & FW 1.2.6 on android, Problems?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tester1
lvl.1

Germany

Ihave not found a Topic that describes the problems related to firmware andPilot App (android), so here are my experiences. Maybe it helps for rapid improvement.
It would be nice if otherscan supplement or confirm thedescription... OR: How's it going on your tab?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had manyflight times with P3 Pro. (FW 1.1.9 Pilot App 1.1.0) – it was fine for me!
After install FW 1.2.6 and Pilot App 1.2.0 & on android 442/444 I got some Problems!
After upgrade my ASUS MeMO to android 501 it got worse:

1)      1.  Live image stutters and jerk on MeMo Tab (android 4.4.2).
a.       maybe due to high CPUutilization and overheating (up to 75°C) (Pic 11) (… as already reported by others)
b.      On android 4.4.2 the Pilot App consumes about 55%of CPU. Together with some google apps the CPU utilization risesup to approximately 80 to 90%) (Pic 08 – 10)
c.       sometimes some Google apps or processes areterminated (Pic 13)
d.      Stop Google Play App to reduce CPUload don’t works for me. I had to shut down some more apps. (Play, Contacts,Framework, …)
2)      2.  Pilot App 1.2.0 and android5.0.1: no live Image on MeMo Tab anymore & Pilot App stutters, no tests possible. (No Pic)
3)      3.  Pilot App 1.1.0 and android 5.0.1: live Image on MeMo Tab is OK, but Pilot App often shuts down and restart during flight,once ina very difficult situation (Pic 12).
a.       The Pilot App on 5.0.1 now consumes lessthan 37% of CPU! But together with google apps the CPUutilization is still up to 75%
b.      Now i must shut down googles"Backup-Transport" to reduce CPU utilization (Pic 14)
c.       Three times some google processes wereterminated. (Pic 13)
d.      Two times I had some message like: “stop caching video, cache is full?” but“Auto Clean Cache” was enabled (and 8GB free space left on Tab)? (NoPic)
4)      4.  There is a Distorted cached video in fast moving sceneswith all android versions, but allVideos onthe memory card are OK!
a.       On android 5.0.1 there are somepixelation in cached video image which move thru the image (Pic 7).
b.      On android 4.4.2 & 4.4.4 there are green banding & areas.
-> Example: P3P revolves around its own axis. Every 4-5 seconds a green line appears atthe bottom and move thru the image. (Pic 1-3). Then the fault disappears with a stutter (Pic 4).
-> New attempt at home (noflight, only tilting the camera) -> same problem (Pic 5-6)
5.  Test system:
1)                 ASUS MeMO Pad 8” (ME581CL), Full HD,64 bit Intel Quad-Core (1,8GHz), Android 4.4.2 – Now Update to 5.0.1
2)                 Lenovo Live-Tab 10,1”, Full HD,Intel Quad-Core (1,8GHz), Android 4.4.4
3)                 Phantom 3 Professional, FW 1.2.6, DJIPilot App 1.1.0 & 1.2.0

(Sorry, my English is a little rusty).
regards

2015-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules