Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
Has anyone else noticed on dji mini 2? when i face the camera fully downward position i get the shaky jello effect like a wobble.
I have attached a my video of the problem as you will see its fine going forward but as soon camera is downward it happens.

It didnt happen with previous firmwares and previous app firmware.
I have samsung s20 ultra so running andriod. I have calibrated the gimal but still fault is present.
This does not happen when camera is facing forward or near to the fully downward position.
any information about this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
John
2021-1-4
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I have not seen this, we will see if anyone else has an idea?
2021-1-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It means the camera is vibrating, most likely because one or more of the props has a nick in it. Try examining the props and replace any ones that have a ding in them.
2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there realstreetuk. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check the propellers of your DJI Mini 2 if there are damages or cracks this could be the reason why this issue is happening on your footages. Thank you.
2021-1-4
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The props look fine. And it's ok with camera in normal position if props were the problem would it have jello effect when flying with camera In normal position ?
Thanks for replies
2021-1-5
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

Could it be that the Heating is on Full Blast in those houses and not very good insulation ?
2021-1-5
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No that's not it as I have other footage in fields etc and still does it..
2021-1-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

realstreetuk Posted at 1-5 02:15
The props look fine. And it's ok with camera in normal position if props were the problem would it have jello effect when flying with camera In normal position ?
Thanks for replies

There is only one cause of the Jello Effect, camera vibration, as I have already said.
2021-1-5
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 1-5 13:56
There is only one cause of the Jello Effect, camera vibration, as I have already said.

I hear you but does not vibrate in normal or close to fully downward position. Was ok with the previous fimware before last 2?
2021-1-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

realstreetuk Posted at 1-5 14:15
I hear you but does not vibrate in normal or close to fully downward position. Was ok with the previous fimware before last 2?

The position of the camera can affect whether there is vibration or not. But in any event, if you are wondering if the firmware update caused it, the answer is no.
2021-1-5
Use props
fans017bca4d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I'm happy to see that with the mini 2 we have the right to fly over residential neighborhoods and film. because with my phantom it was forbidden.  probably too heavy.
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules