Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
Can the flyer id be placed inside the battery compartment rather than on outside on the body ?
Thanks
2021-1-4
Use props
macgyver60
lvl.1

United States

That's a good question. I don't know the answer but why couldn't you. Its not like it has to be spotted from a distance. The idea is that it provides ID if the drone ends up somewhere that it shouldn't or if you want to show the FAA that you have put ID on the drone. And they wouldnt have to take the drone apart to find it
2021-1-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think our poster is in the uk so the rules may be different there.  but the faa was mentioned so my comment for the usa is while you can place as many labels are you would like anywhere on the drone (and that includes the inside of the battery compartment), the current faa rules directs at least one external placement for the registration id (label) where it is visible without having to take the drone apart (as was mentioned).  this applies only to those mini drones that fall under registration guidelines.
2021-1-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I put my id number and phone number on the outside and inside. I would like to make it easy for someone to contact me if they find it.
2021-1-4
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

In the US, the Mavic Mini is not subject to FAA registration, so you are not required to follow their guidelines on label placement. For UAVs that must be registered, the FAA mandates the registration number to be placed on the outside, as mentioned above by The Saint. They used to be more flexible (battery compartment or similar), but not anymore.

I'm not familiar with UK regulations, but from a quick look it appears that the MM would fall under class "C0 - not a toy - with camera", hence requiring an Operator ID. This page says that you must place the ID on the outisde or in any compartment that is accessible without tools. On the MM, you could potentially write the number on the inside of the battery door, but it's so small that it would be difficult to meet the requirement for 3mm font height.

Personally, I have my FAA and phone numbers on the left side of the MM body, opposite to the "249g" mark, printed on a small label. It's not too visible, yet it's easy to find without having to look too hard.
2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there realstreetuk. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. I hope that our fellow DJI Co pilots can give out there valued insight on where do they stick the Flyer ID sticker on there DJI Drones. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-1-4
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 21:38
Hello there realstreetuk. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. I hope that our fellow DJI Co pilots can give out there valued insight on where do they stick the Flyer ID sticker on there DJI Drones. Thank you and fly safe always.

I was reading another post and they have to be on the outside and not in the battery compartment.
2021-1-4
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello realstreetuk!
As far as the EASA-rules are concerned (are they valid now for the EU-leaver UK?) the e-ID has to be place on ALL drones, even on the Mini.
But, you can put the ID inside the battery-compartment, it is not mandatory to put is outside. Furthermore, the marking has not to be fire-proof.
2021-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have mine under the battery,  the rule states that it can be anywhere easily accessible without the use of tools.
2021-1-5
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

UweE Posted at 1-5 01:33
Hello realstreetuk!
As far as the EASA-rules are concerned (are they valid now for the EU-leaver UK?) the e-ID has to be place on ALL drones, even on the Mini.
But, you can put the ID inside the battery-compartment, it is not mandatory to put is outside. Furthermore, the marking has not to be fire-proof.

UK is not listed as EASA member on the website at the moment (Ireland is BTW)...
2021-1-5
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-5 01:43
I have mine under the battery,  the rule states that it can be anywhere easily accessible without the use of tools.

Thanks
On the battery itself? Or battery compartment?
2021-1-5
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 1-4 19:17
I put my id number and phone number on the outside and inside. I would like to make it easy for someone to contact me if they find it.

I do not have a printer so can it be handwritten as lomg as its clear to read?
Thanks
2021-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UK Rules are here - https://register-drones.caa.co.u ... e-or-model-aircraft

How to label your drone or model aircraft

Your operator ID must be:

visible from the outside, or within a compartment that can easily be accessed without using a tool
clear and in block capitals taller than 3mm
secure and safe from damage
on the main body of the aircraft
2021-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

realstreetuk Posted at 1-5 02:10
Thanks
On the battery itself? Or battery compartment?

It has to be on the drone, so mine is in the battery compartment, if you pull the battery and look down its looking up at you.
2021-1-5
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-4 19:17
I put my id number and phone number on the outside and inside. I would like to make it easy for someone to contact me if they find it.

That last line is the winner!  I want to give every opportunity for someone to be able to contact me so I can get my Mini back if it gets lost.  I put the FAA ID number on each side of the body with a 3/8 inch P-Touch label (the front motor arms cover the labels when folded back)  On top is a 1/2 inch P-Touch label with a two line label that reads:
If found please call
Jim @ [my phone number]

In the event that the labels come off, if some reads the uSD card, there is a file in the root of the card with darn near every way someone could contact me.
2021-1-5
Use props
jwp721
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332822 ft
United States

I  have my USA 107 Commercial info as required on the outside of my Mini and a sticker that’s says, “Please call John.  He is in a panic right now!”   along with my cell phone and email.  If someone else is holding my drone I want to make it as easy as I can for them to find me..,
2021-1-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 1-5 02:11
I do not have a printer so can it be handwritten as lomg as its clear to read?
Thanks

I can't say about the UK, but in the US handwritten with a marker is ok and that is what I did.
2021-1-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the last time i crashed my m2z, i would be dead before anyone eventually found it, that's how far it had dug into the weeds.  but i understand there are flyaways.  several companies will take your details (fcc and ph#) and for a few dollars will print u[ and mail you a nice collection of stickers in different sizes and different colors for all types of drones.  nice investment if you are recreational and can reuse the same number on your small fleet of private drones.
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Donut Posted at 1-4 23:36
I was reading another post and they have to be on the outside and not in the battery compartment.

Hi there Donut. Thank you for the reply and for this information you have given. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules