front light, and a question about the remote
526 5 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

I'm assuming this probably wouldn't make much difference, but if I have the front light on steady vs breathing, it should't make a difference in how fast the battery drains, right?

Also, is anyone else having trouble getting the Fn button on the remote to work?  I have mine set to center the gimbal when I press it, and bring up the map when I double tap.  However, it doesn't seem to do anything either case; it only beeps.

2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

Out of the box that button only moves gimble from straight ahead to straight down and back. With latest firmware update AND latest FlyMe app update it gives s choice of 4 actions on that button by single tap or double tap. There have been a few firmware updates with latest about Jan 1st. Also you may still have to go to DJI to get the latest FlyMe app as it isn't at the Play store yet if you have Android.
Latest versions as of today are:
MINI 2 firmware    01.02.0100
Fly Me app    1.2.2

Combined these two updates correct a host of issues such as color issue on DNG raw files when in PANO mode, color streak at top left of 4K video, even better flight stability and wireless link, etc. It also introduces some new features such as it can now zoom the lens both in video and stills by holding down the function button and rotating the knob that normally raises or lowers the gimble.

DJI has been very responsive to these issues that were found by owners and reported.
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

Not sure if there is any difference in power used between the breathing or always on mode. Would think the breathing mode MIGHT save a tiny amount of power but haven't tested it.
2021-1-5
Use props
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

Thanks!  I will check to make sure I have the latest software for everything.

As far as the LED, that's kind of what I was thinking.  Maybe the steady light would use slightly more power, but it's probably negligible.  
2021-1-5
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Difference in battery should be minimal,  less than one sec flightime.

The engines are what most energy drain, followed by the electronics/gimball motors/video codifier, etc.

The point is that the engines consume so much that you won't notice any flight time difference if recording or not, or if a led is on or not.
2021-1-5
Use props
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

Sweet
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules