SD card locked after new update?
1606 8 2021-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Guys after new update got out to fly today.  Having flown for a while took a pano, 360 and some video.
Got home trying to put files on my laptop and there are no new files on SD!! they have been cached to ipad but none on the SD.

I have checked the SD in my laptop and it states it is locked ? it is not. I have tried a second SD in the mini and it was filming then I stopped the
filming and it was saving file so when finished I took out the SD and put it in my laptop which has NO files on it and is now also stating it is locked!!!
If I try to format in the mini nothing happens and windows states cannot format drive :-(

Any one know what is happening? is it the drone or is it the software! the SD are new and were fully working until put in the mini.

Two SD cards locked by drone, not really willing to try another just in case!!
2021-1-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Two SD cards locked by drone, not really willing to try another just in case!!
I very much doubt that your micro SD cards are locked.
Are you using one of those adaptors that is the size and shape of a full sized-SD card to read the cards in your laptop?
If so, that's your issue.
Look on the edge of the adapter and find the little sliding switch to unlock the adapter.
2021-1-6
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi

Trust me I have used sd cards and pc/laptops for the last 30 years!

The card has only been in the drone? I put in a different fully working card, started recording with the drone and it looked as though it was recording?
when I stopped recording I took the sd card out put it in my pc via a different sd adapter and there is NO video on the SD and that card now states it is locked ???

The only thing they have in common is they both have been in the mini 2?  All was working great until the last update, I have only managed to fly today due to weather?

There are no errors from the drone and it looks like it is recording and taking pictures but it isn't??
All videos and pics taken before update are on the SD card they cannot be deleted or formatted tried in SD adapter and Usb adapter of which I have many!!
2021-1-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

whiteghost Posted at 1-6 16:43
Hi

Trust me I have used sd cards and pc/laptops for the last 30 years!

Try shooting some stills instead of video and see if those show up on the SD card.
2021-1-6
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi

Tried both drone takes picture caches to ipad but no pics on SD. The videos and pics taken prior to update are still on my SD, I can copy them to my pc but cannot delete
them or format the card!!  tried to format in drone but nothing happens.
2021-1-6
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like the memory card is to slow - I've had similar issues, even after successfully using a card several times.  Also get rufus (the program) to fix your memory cards.  Mine still worked fine in the P3, and in the M2P, but the Mini refused to use/format/write to them.  I upgraded across the board and put the slower cards in the P3 case.
edit: Rufus https://rufus.ie/
2021-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there whiteghost. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different suggested SD card to see if the issue will still persist? For reference, I will post the list of supported SD card for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2021-1-6
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Connect the microSD to a Windows PC through a USB adapter, make sure it shows up as a removable drive, then try the following:

1. Launch the Command Prompt as Administrator
2. Type "diskpart" and press Enter
3. At the DiskPart prompt, type “list disk” and press Enter
4. Find the disk number corresponding to the microSD, by looking at the size (e.g. Disk 3)
5. Type "select disk" followed by the disk number of the microSD (e.g. "select disk 3")
6. Type “attributes disk clear readonly” and press Enter
7. Type "exit" to leave DiskPart
8. Try formatting the card, either from the PC or in the Mini

If you get an error while executing step 6, exit DiskPart and type "chkdsk X: /f" followed by Enter (replace X: with whatever drive letter is assigned to the microSD card), then repeat the steps above.
2021-1-6
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for all you're reply's guys.  I am going to do a test with another SD card? :-0  
The card that has locked "died" is a sandisk ultra 128gb XC1 "NOT cheap copy etc".  had no problems with my Mavic Pro and my Samsung s10 plus?
Update to sd tried Rufus also tried command promt ? rufus just states i/o error and command states cleared att's but all items still on SD and cannot format in any
other item PC,Phone, and camera ?? also tried ChkFlsh which finds no errors on card? Fat32 formatter sees the SD but fails to determine the drive :-(
BIN time for SD :-(

OK gonna bite the bullet and get a recommended
SD card? Even though is was a sandisk extreme!

2021-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules