phone not charging
378 4 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

It appears my iPhone 7 is not charging while connected to the remote.  I turned on the option to do it, and when I first plug it in, it says charging, but at some point it seems to stop.  After flying for a while, my phone battery is almost dead.  Any idea on how to fix this?

2021-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It appears that there is a bug that resets this each time you connect.  But if your phone is dying, it’d check your iPhone battery health in settings->battery.  You may be due a new battery which can be fine cheap.  
2021-1-10
Use props
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

Ah, thanks.  So I just need to toggle this option every time I connect?  My phone battery should be OK; it's relatively new.
2021-1-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

SpaceForceCmdr Posted at 1-10 12:12
Ah, thanks.  So I just need to toggle this option every time I connect?  My phone battery should be OK; it's relatively new.

Yup, if dying during one flight you likely need to have your phone's battery replaced -- like DAFlys suggests, check your battery health feature to confirm one way or the other.

I had my iPhone 7's battery replaced maybe a year and a half ago, but even then I was able to fly three batteries worth w/o having to recharge the phone -- that was on an original Mavic Pro remote that does not charge iOS devices like the new ones do.
2021-1-10
Use props
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

I made it through 3 flights, but then the battery in the phone would be very low.  Now that I toggle the "charge phone" switch every time I connect, it seems fine.  I think the problem was due to a bug where it would stop charging.  I actually just bought a 7 Plus for the bigger screen, so hopefully that works just as well.  The ipad minis are too big, IMO.
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules