[Raveneye]Screen turns black when press record w/ a7III
8115 12 2021-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bennycc
New

Taiwan

My iphone turns black screen when pressed record button on RS2 which connected with Sony a7iii ( HDMI 1080p,USB-C) and Raveneye.

How to solved the problem???

2021-1-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry about the issue you had with DJI RS2 and Raveneye. As using USB-C shutter control cables will lead to occupying the bandwidth of Sony camera processors. Therefore, Sony currently prioritize USB-C signal more than HDMI signal. As a result, the Ronin app is not able to receive the video signal.

We have already noticed this issue and are currently working on a solution with Sony. We suggest you to use the Sony Muti camera cable that enables you to get signals from the HDMI.

Thank you.
2021-1-25
Use props
Photojourneyman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 720850 ft
New Zealand

I am also having this problem, but with the Sony A7r4.  Can DJI Wanda be more specific about what cable to use? I'm not sure what you mean by Sony Multi camera cable?
2021-1-26
Use props
RohanNM
New
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-25 23:45
Hello there, we are sorry about the issue you had with DJI RS2 and Raveneye. As using USB-C shutter control cables will lead to occupying the bandwidth of Sony camera processors. Therefore, Sony currently prioritize USB-C signal more than HDMI signal. As a result, the Ronin app is not able to receive the video signal.

We have already noticed this issue and are currently working on a solution with Sony. We suggest you to use the Sony Muti camera cable that enables you to get signals from the HDMI.

Hello, I am having exactly the same problem with a Sony FDR-AX 100E where the iPhone screen will go blank when I press record. What cables do I need (and are they supplied) and how should they be connected between camera, raveneye and gimbal please?

Rohan
2021-5-2
Use props
cardboardman
New
United States

I am having this problem with an a7iii and the a7siii with two rsc2 gimbals.
Thankfully I am still able to return one of them.
Never again
Trash
2021-5-5
Use props
bravobros2014gmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20614 ft
United States

I can't get this piece of ... to work. Money wasted, I would like a refund or my unit replaced.
2021-5-5
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

You can check related cables by unplugging them. And performing a reboot or force restart of your iPhone is also feasible in fixing the iPhone black screen issue.
2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_Di3BrOKrBv8G
New
  • >>>
Kuwait

Hi there

Me also face same problem, with Sony A7C
with all cables connected right when hit record button my Android phone streaming the camera screen exactly black with all other details such as microphone signal and other stuff .

I shoot on 4K 100 FPS and then Change to FHD with lower FPS but nothing change
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_MQOe0uGNyi4m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358117 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only when I press record on the ronin rsc2 the screen camera goes black, while connected to raveneye, is this normal ? Please help
2022-7-26
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello there,

Please go to the following link, i've replied to this simillar issue that you have in a different thread aswell.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=186478

Kind regards,
XinRain
2022-7-29
Use props
Gorlum
New
Israel

I have same issue with RS3 Pro with raveneye and Sony a7iii. I tried both type c and micro USB cables. Only with bluetooth I have picture on screen when recording.
2023-5-5
Use props
thegmblprofosho
New

United States

After much searching... behold, for here is the answer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxF8_QHVb9I
2023-8-15
Use props
kiwi_movie
New
Germany

I just stumbled upon your post here because I had the exact same issue with my Ronin RS3 and Sony A7iii. After playing with my setup and it's settings I found a simple but effective fix for our problem. You just need to turn of "Proxy Recording" in your settings and then it works. Sadly DJI couldn't help me out, but to be fair, it's not their fault.
5-10 09:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules