Will my ScanDisk EXTEME PRO SDXC UHS-I 64GB work?
546 12 2021-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdriA3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2656857 ft
Netherlands

I have a brand new DJI mini 2 and today I ordered four ScanDisk EXTEME PRO SDXC UHS-I 64GB cards.
On the box of the cards I can read a U-sign (with a 3 in it) and  V30 4K UHD speed up to 170 MB/s

Now I see this card is not on the list. Does anybody know, will this work? Please, help. The boxes of those four cards are still closed, so I can return them to the shop.

Today I saw in the specs of the mini 2 that my card is not on the list.

(my DJI mini 2 is new and is never used yet. When this cards will not work, I can send them back to the shop and get my money back, or buy a few cards on the list within 14 days)

By the way, I am new here and I dont know the difference between SD-cards and micro SD cards, exept the format. But in this forum they use the word SD-card for the mini 2 and micro SD card. Wich one is it? And do I have a card what wil work?

(trial and error is expensive, because when I open de box, I cannot return the cards to the shop)

2021-1-15
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I don't know about the specific card you purchased, But the mini and probably any current drone would use Micro -SD cards only!
2021-1-15
Use props
AdriA3
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for your answer, videoeditman. But on the specs of the mini 2 I read this:
(this is on the website of DJI an they talk about Supported SD Cards and micro SD cards. Strange.)
I an other treat I read the same. They talk about SD cards and micro Sd cards. But thanks! I don't try my purchased cards an send them back to the shop and by four new ones who ar on the list below.????

https://www.dji.com/nl/mini-2/specs

For me as a newbe this list (see also link above) is very confusing.

Supported SD Cards
  • Supported SD Cards
  • UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required. A list of recommended microSD cards can be found below.
  • Recommended microSD Cards
  • 16 GB: SanDisk Extreme
    32 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Industrial, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x
    64 GB: Samsung Pro Endurance, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
    128 GB: Samsung Pro Plus, Samsung Evo Plus, SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A2, Lexar 633x, Lexar 667x, Lexar 1000x, Lexar High Endurance, Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1, Netac Pro V30 A1
    256 GB: SanDisk Extreme V30 A1, SanDisk Extreme V30 A2

(Now I am more confused and hope my new Ipad mini 5 (I bought this special for the DJI mini 2) will work. Pffff... But this is an other topic.)
2021-1-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AdriA3 Posted at 1-15 14:42
Thanks for your answer, videoeditman. But on the specs of the mini 2 I read this:
(this is on the website of DJI an they talk about Supported SD Cards and micro SD cards. Strange.)
I an other treat I read the same. They talk about SD cards and micro Sd cards. But thanks! I don't try my purchased cards an send them back to the shop and by four new ones who ar on the list below.????

None of the drones made by DJI can use a normal SD Card, they all use the Micro SD Card, which is considerably smaller. But if you have a Micro SD Card and it is a Sandisk Extreme Pro card, it will be good.

2021-1-15
Use props
AdriA3
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for your answer Geebax. But I read the packing very well and I can't discover if it is an SD card or an micro SD card.  Strange, the don't say wich one it is.

It can be an SD card or it is an micro-SD card in a adapter. There is nothing on the packing what says what it is. And when I open the box to look, I can't send it back to the shop.
This looks like a SD card, but maybe there is a micro SD card inside?
2021-1-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

AdriA3 Posted at 1-15 15:35
Thanks for your answer Geebax. But I read the packing very well and I can't discover if it is an SD card or an micro SD card.  Strange, the don't say wich one it is. [view_image]

It can be an SD card or it is an micro-SD card in a adapter. There is nothing on the packing what says what it is. And when I open the box to look, I can't send it back to the shop.

this is definitely a sd card and not a micro sd card and won't work. better return it.
2021-1-15
Use props
AdriA3
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks sbonev. I will return the cards! No more questions on this topic.

Final question: What will be the best 64 GB card in the list of recommended micro SD cards? So I can buy the best.  Do you have any Idea? Or are they all good?
Or maybe a 128 Gb card?

2021-1-15
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

AdriA3 Posted at 1-15 15:35
Thanks for your answer Geebax. But I read the packing very well and I can't discover if it is an SD card or an micro SD card.  Strange, the don't say wich one it is. [view_image]

It can be an SD card or it is an micro-SD card in a adapter. There is nothing on the packing what says what it is. And when I open the box to look, I can't send it back to the shop.

It will not work!
2021-1-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

For future reference if it is an adapter, Sandisk will have the word "ADAPTER" on it.
2021-1-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

One way to find out.
2021-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AdriA3. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about your confusion. An SD card and a microSD card are not similar in terms of size. The storage slot of the DJI Mini 2 can only support a microSD card. If you have not yet returned the SD card you have purchased, it is best to reach out to your seller and have it replaced with a microSD card. We also recommend using the following brands and specifications.
2021-1-15
Use props
Stu.Baby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52218 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-15 23:27
Hi, AdriA3. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about your confusion. An SD card and a microSD card are not similar in terms of size. The storage slot of the DJI Mini 2 can only support a microSD card. If you have not yet returned the SD card you have purchased, it is best to reach out to your seller and have it replaced with a microSD card. We also recommend using the following brands and specifications.
[view_image]

And DJI should amend their description in the spec page. Only refer to microSD cards to avoid this kind of confusion!
2021-1-16
Use props
AdriA3
lvl.2
Netherlands

I bought today one micro SD card: SanDisk Extreme MicroSDXC 128GB - U3 V30 A2 - 160MB/s - met adapter
Now I can look how this works. But this will be fine, because DJI is selling this micro SD card also, I saw today.

I'll send back the four other SD cards to the shop. Maybe I can exchange them for 2 64 Gb and one 128Gb card of the same as above.

This will work, I think. So tomorrow I can, for the first time, install the DJI fly app, the controller and the DJI mini 2 plus DJI care-refresh.
And look how this all work with my brand new iPad mini 5 (2019). I am exited. hihi.
I hope this will be going smoothly. I have to do this all in one day, because when I put on the drone, I have to install the care-refresh within 48 hours.

Thank you all for the tips and advice !
2021-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules