Belgium

Does anyone have this problem 1 battery keeps flashing

2021-1-25
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Australia

Does battery 3 give you any errors when you are using it as I've had that happen twice but with a Mavic Pro and both times it was a battery cell problem that i couldn't resolve so needed replacements and the batteries only have a 3 month warranty so keep a close eye on it and when its in use check the battery information and make sure the cells are the same voltage or at least very close.  Also is it always the same battery or always the same slot?
2021-1-25
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Does Battery #3 charge? Does it do the same thing in another charging slot? Yes it might need to be returned to DJI for replacement.
2021-1-25
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

The Rev Posted at 1-25 10:44
Does battery 3 give you any errors when you are using it as I've had that happen twice but with a Mavic Pro and both times it was a battery cell problem that i couldn't resolve so needed replacements and the batteries only have a 3 month warranty so keep a close eye on it and when its in use check the battery information and make sure the cells are the same voltage or at least very close.  Also is it always the same battery or always the same slot?

She doesn't give any errors, she has it in every slot even in the drone.  What could be seen in the App that the cells were not equal.
2021-1-25
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

videoeditman Posted at 1-25 10:53
Does Battery #3 charge? Does it do the same thing in another charging slot? Yes it might need to be returned to DJI for replacement.

She has it in every slot even in the drone.  What could be seen in the App that the cells were not equal.
2021-1-25
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Australia

Get in touch with the DJI support team for a replacement as the warranty is short and I didn't realise with the Mavic and the batteries cost me £129 each as I delayed.
I thought the batteries had the same warranty as the drone so was an expensive mistake.
2021-1-25
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JoeriHerremans Posted at 1-25 11:18
She has it in every slot even in the drone.  What could be seen in the App that the cells were not equal.
See attached.
Screenshot_20210125-193758.png
2021-1-25
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

So looks like over voltage charge detected error. I would contact DJI to see what they say, likely send in for replacement!
2021-1-25
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 1-25 11:57
So looks like over voltage charge detected error. I would contact DJI to see what they say, likely send in for replacement!

It says Charge"r" over voltage, try plugging in a different usb charger. I would remove the other batteries and focus on just the one battery in the charger, try different USB chargers if you have them.
2021-1-25
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

JoeriHerremans Posted at 1-25 11:18

They've come out of balance badly I guess.

Just get it replaced.
2021-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JoeriHerremans. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon seeing the video you have posted. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-1-25
Use props
fans37f95844
New
Flight distance : 75036 ft
United Kingdom

I have a brand new pack blinking 3 times a second on teh second LED - looks like a short ciruit. boooooo
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_AjrSXmGZEpPz
lvl.1

Canada

for my dji mini pro 3, on the drone itself, LED2 and LED3 constantly and the battery not charging, not even able to pair it with the controller
at the begging upon unboxing i could run the firmware update that was stuck at 95% for 4 hours. I had to remove battery and then after putting back on the LED2 and LED3 blink and nothing else happens
this is a new drone
I previusly had dji mini 2 and never had this issue!

Any suggestions ?
2022-10-15
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

I have been using lithium ion batteries in power tools since they were invented never had a battery go bad, If I was Dji I would want all defective batteries returned so I could autopsy them all and see whats going on, determine the root cause of the failures.

I bought a aftermarket usb charger that adapts to my power tool batteries after a few months the battery was completely dead and would not charge, after researching I found out to restore the battery I just needed to take a good full charged battery and jump it with paperclips until I could feel the paper clips getting warm then disconnect, this puts enough charge into the battery so the circuit in the battery will work, I charged the battery and it works fine even after 20+ charge cycles its back to normal.

Lesson learned remove the battery from the usb charger between use, apparently the usb charger has a parasitic draw. If one of my power tool batteries fail I will autopsy to see the design I suspect they have a heat sink that cools the batteries since they never get hot even under extreme loads.

That said I WOULD NEVER DO THIS ON A DRONE BATTERY no matter how tempting, we do not need drones falling from the sky dirtying up droning reputations. After reading this topic I will remove all my drone batteries when not in use.

I also want to throw in I noticed that with my drone and remote control turned on setting on the table and me playing with settings the drone gets HOT HOTTER THAN I EVER EXPECTED I assume the cpu in the drone is overheating, the battery in the drone is also extremely HOT, the excess heat can not be good for drone batteries.

Lesson learned, anytime I power up the drone, elevate the drone set a fan in front of drone to simulate air flow over the drone including the bottom of the drone, then play with settings !
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_cEBUsHy7mjTA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305092 ft
United States

I had that same issue when I bought mine new a week ago. I read in a forum that leaving the battery out of the charger for a day will reset it. It worked for me and I had the same exact problem
2022-10-17
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_cEBUsHy7mjTA Posted at 10-17 20:38
I had that same issue when I bought mine new a week ago. I read in a forum that leaving the battery out of the charger for a day will reset it. It worked for me and I had the same exact problem

Nice to know thanks for sharing.
2022-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules