Not a good drone season so far
802 4 2015-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zathis
lvl.2

Canada

This year has not been good as far as shooting drone footage in Central/Northern Saskatchewan.

May and June were a write off as I was waiting to get my WiFi module replaced on my P2V+.  Since I finally got it replaced, we have been bombarded with smoke from wildfires up north (100-300 miles north of me).  On days when the smoke is cleared off, the winds are to high to fly.

I did take my Phantom up once to show just how bad the smoke is.  This was on a day with moderate smoke compared to most.

The weather has been so dry this year and over 100 wildfires are currenly out of control.

Here is raw news footage of what is going on up north  

2015-7-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Wow that is bad, I hope it gets better for you.
2015-7-7
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Hate to see any wild fires. The damage is very erosive and a lot of wild life is lost. We will all be thinking of your plight.
2015-7-7
Use props
sdtag
lvl.2

United States

In Canada they are ok with you doing that?
We just had a similar situation in the states where they were performing air drops over a fire and one of the pilots spotted a "drone".
They suspended all flight operations for the day until they located the drone and it's pilot.
Allowing the fire to grow, blaming it on the drone.
I think they over reacted and were trying to make a point.
2015-7-8
Use props
zathis
lvl.2

Canada

sdtag@msn.com Posted at 2015-7-8 19:33
In Canada they are ok with you doing that?
We just had a similar situation in the states where they  ...

News footage was not from a drone, but from one of the bird dog aircraft involved in the fire fighting.
2015-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules