low quality in 4k after firmware update dji mini 2
2904 11 2021-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jckom_
lvl.1

Chile

Hello friends.I comment to know if anyone has this problem.  Before updating when the mark was still on the sensor, when recording 4k everything looked amazing, the sharp colors stood out, no noise in the video due to ISO. everything absolutely fine will leave video (mountains).  but after updating my 4k it is not the same, everything looks more grainy in the video, the colors are not so much, more noise appears in the darkest areas, the skies are not clear, etc ... I'll leave video ( sea ​​and clouds) both recorded in 4k, 30 fps iso 100  

if they can share videos in 4k, to make the comparison to know if my sensor is bad, or is the update that is causing this problem.

@DJI SUSAN

2021-2-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Firmware updates don't affect video quality.

If the second video is after updating, the issue is that your composition and exposure settings.
70% of the frame is bright, looking into the sun and glare on teh water.
30% of the frame is dark foreground.
The exposure is set for the bright sky and the contrast between the large bright area and small dark area is too much for the camera's sensor to be able to expose both correctly.
Turn the drone around and have the sun behind, lighting all of the scene and see how that looks.
2021-2-18
Use props
jckom_
lvl.1

Chile

Labroides Posted at 2-18 15:09

If the second video is after updating, the issue is that your composition and exposure settings.

this is another one before updating, no noise in the image, optimal quality and sharpness

and it lacks quality, noise in the image, grains are coarser

Do you think it is only a matter of exposure settings?
2021-2-18
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It's just the lighting.. doubt any firmware update changed the video profile.
2021-2-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

jckom_ Posted at 2-18 15:30
this is another one before updating, no noise in the image, optimal quality and sharpness
https://youtu.be/qwnq5KixzFg

Go and shoot a good example to check before you get over-excited over nothing
2021-2-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 2-18 15:09

The first statement is not true in all cases.

There have been FW updates for other drones that affected image quality (usually for the better though)
I have not noticed differences with my M2 after updating, so I totally agree on the second part of your reply .
2021-2-19
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

Is your exposure and white light balance set to automatic?  That can cause that as it is averaging everything out and adjusting as the light changes as you change your view. Try setting manual shutter speed and manual white balance......use auto white balance of a scene, note what it is using and than manually lock that in for that same location.  By doing this the exposure in a movie won't vary as you pan around. You can vary those settings for best results but the locking exposure and color balance it will give more consistent results.
2021-2-19
Use props
jckom_
lvl.1

Chile

Other tests carried out on 02-18-2021

2021-2-19
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

Hello there. Sorry for having this problem. Can you tell me which version started getting errors after?
2021-2-19
Use props
jckom_
lvl.1

Chile

the latest version, v01.02.0100
2021-2-20
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jckom_ Posted at 2-20 07:28
the latest version, v01.02.0100

they all look fine to me taking into account the low exposure footage.
dont think theres anything wrong really with your drones camera
2021-2-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

There's no problem evident in those videos.
You are getting excited over nothing.
2021-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules