Hyperlapse problem
1368 3 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tommy Ramone
New

United States

Hello!

Hyperlapse is my favorite function on Mavic Air 2, however, lately it works way worse than before. Especially course lock where drone just supposed to fly in a straight line, but my drone seems to be drifting a lot. Overall, hyperlapses become very bumpy and pretty much not usable lately. Is there something wrong with my drone? Perhaps propellers need to be changed? Or maybe it is some software issue?

PS. I know the wind is a big factor but it seems like even in almost no wind condition drone is still drifting and bumping too much.

2021-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most editing software has a function to stabilise that might clean this up a bit.
2021-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I only have a Mavic Mini 2 (without hyperlapse)
I do remember course lock being very bad on the Mavic Pro.
It did not fly straight at all.
2021-2-20
Use props
djiuser_MDu8MWRoUGUA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1405486 ft
United States

It looks like the software lost whatever was in the bounding box and started tracking abnormally.   I have also seen this happen in circle hyperlapse mode.   It can happen if the object that was in the box has movement near it, or changes too much in appearance as the drone changes angle with respect to the box.

Unfortunately, the box disappears in courselock and circle mode when the hyperlapse is started, so it is impossible to know (other than the tracking getting messed up) when the software gets confused and can no longer recognize the object that was selected.

However the bounding box stays visible in free-hyperlapse mode, and have seen it disappear when it looses track of that object because of movement near the object.
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules