Should I sell my old Mavic Pro and get a MIni 2 instead?
2714 26 2021-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Hey guys,

currently I am struggling if I should sell my old Maciv Pro and get the Mini 2 instead.
I don't fly that much and I think the Mini 2 would be great, but I am not sure if I will miss something from the old Pro.

Any help in this poll is greatly appreaceiated ;)

Thx

Single SelectVote, Total 23 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

56.52% (13)
39.13% (9)
4.35% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-2-25
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I would say, maybe! As you will lose some features and gain a few, if you would sell the pro to pay for the mini, it's value will continue to decline. The mini 2 is more portable. The range seems to vary considerably with the mini 2, how far do you realistically fly?
2021-2-25
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

The Mini 2 can fly places that your Pro cannot.

You will be getting photos and video you couldn’t have taken before.

It depends on what that is worth to you.

I have an Air that was in my cupboard unused for nearly three years. I have used my Mini2 more in one weekend than I ever used the Air.

2021-2-25
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Depends how bad the restrictions are in Germany with the Mavic as I have both in the UK and the Mavic is more use as a door stop unless you want to fly in a field alone in the middle of nowhere
2021-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there LeChuck71. Good day and for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-2-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the new EASA rules the Mini 2 is a superb choice given how restricted we now are flying the Mavic Pro.
2021-2-26
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Here in the UK if you are a member of a flying club you can fly under the CAAs article 16 which gives you more flying freedom than before the the new easa regulation came in to force . Also the £20 per year membership gives you £5,000000 3rd party insurance.
It's an absolute no brainer. Check it out.
I have the original Mavic Pro which has never let me down and I have no intention of changing it.
2021-2-26
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Wait for a next drone with  a CE label. Also the MP is one of the few you can delete all limits in a easy free way
2021-2-26
Use props
AtPlaces
lvl.2
United States

I honestly dont know- I suppose you should wait? or if you have flymore combo or not matters too
2021-2-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No brainer for me.
Sell the big bird.
With the M2 you are way less restricted!
2021-2-26
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2021-2-26
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CemAygun Posted at 2-26 18:05
**** The posts are shielded ****

Apart from a few half baked intelligent flight modes, there's nothing you will miss going from the Air1 to the Mini2, much much much longer flight times and much much much quieter flights. Personally i would consider it an upgrade. Oh, almost forgot going from that pathetic wifi to occusync 2.0 is not only an upgrade, it's a quantum leap.
2021-2-26
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2021-2-26
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 2-26 18:05
**** The posts are shielded ****

Well in the UK the Pro, because of its weight, is limited to flying 150m away from and residential, commercial, industrial or recreational areas. Same limitations as my old Air.

With the Mini2 I could fly down my street over people (as long as they are not crowds) while staying within the regulations.

Even taking the A2CofC test you are still limited somewhat and that only lasts until the transitional period is over.
2021-2-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got both and since the Mini 2 is nice and easy to fly, the pro will always be the drone that gets the job done.  The pro has the weight for to handle wind gust and have all the bells and whistles to get it done.
2021-2-27
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
France

"yes - the new bird is awesome and you get the new software features"

60% have voted for it...
Why do you draw such conclusions? The Mini 2 with remote control has the same transport dimensions as the Mavic Pro, but the Mavic Pro has no problems with the helmet, not with cheap spare parts and batteries, it is heavier in consequence of which it is wind-resistant, it has Platinum propellers, which makes it very quiet, it has no problems with DJI Fly compatibility.

The only advantage of the Mini 2 is its weight of 250 grams and the resulting flight restrictions in the laws of various countries and that's it!!!
2021-2-27
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
France

Monkey007 Posted at 2-26 18:20
Apart from a few half baked intelligent flight modes, there's nothing you will miss going from the Air1 to the Mini2, much much much longer flight times and much much much quieter flights. Personally i would consider it an upgrade. Oh, almost forgot going from that pathetic wifi to occusync 2.0 is not only an upgrade, it's a quantum leap.

What does Air have to do with it?
The Mavic Pro has a normal occusync, unlike the cropped one in the Mini 2!

My Mavic Pro flies on the Mini 2 without any problems! The range of the Mini 2 with a small battery capacity, here video 7.5 kilometers on the Mavic Pro in one direction!
2021-2-27
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Alevpi Posted at 2-27 20:42
What does Air have to do with it?
The Mavic Pro has a normal occusync, unlike the cropped one in the Mini 2!

This other guy who has a Mavic Air1 posted earlier, and he thinks going from Air1 to Mini2 is a downgrade, but for some reason his post got shielded by a moderator.
2021-2-28
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Both a very good drones ...I own both as well as the phantom 3 advanced.....all three offer different things. The mavic pro is a beast and very dependable Imo. You could also wait to buy a used mini 2 in a few months
2021-2-28
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Monkey007 Posted at 2-28 06:02
This other guy who has a Mavic Air1 posted earlier, and he thinks going from Air1 to Mini2 is a downgrade, but for some reason his post got shielded by a moderator.

That would be me I don't have the slightest clue why my posts show as "shielded by moderator", and I don't know how to fix it...

That being said, my whole post was about switching from Air 1 to Mini 2 (which is what I am doing at the moment) and it's pros/cons. It was nice to hear from someone who went through the exact same transition.

2021-3-1
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I have both, from launch, and my Pro has not really flown for a very long time. The Mini 2 will give you almost all the same features but in a vastly more portable set-up and also don't ignore the USB-C charging for everything - makes the kit much smaller again if you are (one day again) being a real tourist.
2021-3-2
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

Hey guys,
thanks for all the replies. The Mavic Pro is sold and I am waiting for the Mini2 to arrive ... any hour now ;)

I was quite hesitating because of the lacking Active Track feature, but the small weight and therfor minimal restrictions conviced me to go for it.
Also lots of YT videos later I am quite sure that I will use this little bugger more than my old big bird.

Stay all healty
2021-3-2
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

LeChuck71 Posted at 3-2 05:38
Hey guys,
thanks for all the replies. The Mavic Pro is sold and I am waiting for the Mini2 to arrive ... any hour now ;)

Congrats on the sale and the new drone
2021-3-2
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

Yes! The Mini 2 is such a little Beast! They only have to add some features like d-cinelike... I hope they add them as soon as they can! We all wanted it :-D
2021-3-2
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

Linsenfest Posted at 3-2 22:38
Yes! The Mini 2 is such a little Beast! They only have to add some features like d-cinelike... I hope they add them as soon as they can! We all wanted it :-D

Yea, cinelike would be great but i doubt they will every release it for the Mini 2 - it too close to the Air 2 with this feature.

But fingers crossed ;)
2021-3-2
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

LeChuck71 Posted at 3-2 23:36
Yea, cinelike would be great but i doubt they will every release it for the Mini 2 - it too close to the Air 2 with this feature.

But fingers crossed ;)

Hmm I really hope the add this feature because many of us (Hobby and Youtube) want to grade their footage to a other camera like the Sony ZV-1.
And I think the Mini 2 would be the "every day" drone for many of us because of their size and weight! ;-)
2021-3-2
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

... it's soooo tiny ;)

Thanks again to all of you with your opinions
2021-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now