Battery will not charge
483 7 2021-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brennyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270472 ft
Ireland

I have a Phantom 4 with and have 3 batteries with a DJI Hub to charge them.    I didn`t use the Phantom for a few months and only recently I started to charge the Batteries.
Two of the batteries would not charge in fact there were no lights at all.    One of the batteries worked perfectly this was the battery that was inserted in the drone.
Can anyone explain to me how I can get the two batteries to charge.
2021-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Brennyboy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try post a short sample video showing the said issue. In addition, the lifespan and condition of the said battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again I am sorry and thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_V1.0_EN.pdf
2021-3-2
Use props
Brennyboy
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I have attached a small video of the issue.  As you can see the battery in the Phantom 4 powered up perfectly. The other two batteries in the Hub would not power up or charge.  The two in the hub were stored in the Carrying bag along with the drone and were perfect when I stored them away.  I hope you can help me.
2021-3-3
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

If too much time passes and you don't check the batteries, they went into hibernation mode ...
2021-3-3
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2021-3-3
Use props
Brennyboy
lvl.1
Ireland

How do I get my batteries to come out of Hibernation Mode.?
2021-3-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Brennyboy Posted at 3-4 07:42
How do I get my batteries to come out of Hibernation Mode.?

The manual says recharge the battery.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_V1.0_EN.pdf

I've been reading these threads for years and I'm sorry to report that bringing a battery out of hibernation mode is successful less than 1% of the time.  That's not the fault of the manufacturer, it's the fault of the owner.  Because hibernation mode only lasts a short time.  Sorry but that's the hard core truth.  Imagine a ground hog who has wintered over but then has his holes covered in concrete, and then three years later they dig him up.  Next time watch your batteries and treat them like you would a pet hampster.  Which is to say, don't just throw then in a drawer.  Keep them out somewhere and watch over them so that you know they are around 50% charged at all times.  Feed them some current periodically to keep them happy.  A little exercise once in a while wouldn't hurt either.  Good luck.  
2021-3-4
Use props
Brennyboy
lvl.1
Ireland

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-4 17:15
The manual says recharge the battery.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Phantom_4_Advanced/20170413/Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines_V1.0_EN.pdf

Smart Alec.  I`ve been in the Video business for over 40 years and never had such a problem with batteries.  Who ever heard of batteries going in to hibernation. You can forget your little rant about your pet hampster.  By the way I didn`t just throw my batteries in a drawer they were carefully packed away in a special Drone case.
2021-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules