Couple questions for new DJI FPV owners
657 4 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

Got my Combo yesterday and finally got all the firmware and updates installed which took longer than I expected (thought the app froze multiple times, but it was working fine as long as you don't exit the dji app).

1)  Can you charge the Controller and headset battery using a regular USB-C cable, or is the cable a DJI proprietary one that only charges using the charging block?

2)  approximately how long does a full charge for the DJI FPV Flight Battery take from completely drained to full charge?
3) I used the DJI Virtual Flight app yesterday and it's great, and I wish they had this when I had my Phantom 3 years ago.  Question is, in Manual mode on the App, is it 100% realistic and accurate compared to real-world?  (I'm very good at N mode and Sport mode, but tried M mode, and just couldn't fly at all)  thanks

thanks!

2021-3-6
Use props
MagnusFPV
lvl.2
Czechia

just download Liftoff on steam and try acro mode u need to train a lot manual mod is hard for newcomers to fpv world controller works well with liftoff simulator i tested it..
2021-3-6
Use props
fans47b13d68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 928038 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes, I'm charging my goggles battery right now using my MacBook Pro charging cable
2021-3-6
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1 - Yes, they will charge with any USB Charger,
2 - 12 to 15 mins depending on how you fly it, I am only flying it in Sport mode.
3 - Cant comment about the simulator but M mode makes it more of a FPV experience, so your experience in the simulator is probably realistic if you have not flow traditional FPV before.

2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Plasmo. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiries.

1)  Can you charge the Controller and headset battery using a regular USB-C cable, or is the cable a DJI proprietary one that only charges using the charging block?
-For charging, any regular Type-C cable would work.
2)  approximately how long does a full charge for the DJI FPV Flight Battery take from completely drained to full charge?
-If you're referring to how long it would take to fully charge the DJI FPV Flight Battery, it would take approximately 50 minutes.
3) I used the DJI Virtual Flight app yesterday and it's great, and I wish they had this when I had my Phantom 3 years ago.  Question is, in Manual mode on the App, is it 100% realistic and accurate compared to the real-world?  (I'm very good at N mode and Sport mode but tried M mode, and just couldn't fly at all)  thanks
- It is similar to the real world and should be good enough for common practice. However, please be advised that this is only a simulator and there are other factors that could affect or differ when flying in real such as wind, interference, obstructions, etc.

Hope this answers your inquiries.
2021-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules