Third-party simulator recommendation for Mac?
1187 7 2021-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John-_-D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

I've heard there are simulators I should try that are better than the free DJI one. I'm on a Mac, and what I want to do is use the DJI Remote Controller 2 that came with my DJI FPV Combo to operate the simulator.

Any suggestions? It would be super helpful to hear why I should prefer a third-party solution to the free DJI sim.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
2021-3-13
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Velocidrone works on the Mac, its supposed to be one of the better ones.
2021-3-13
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-13 03:38
Velocidrone works on the Mac, its supposed to be one of the better ones.

Thank you for the recommendation!
I went and looked at it. It seems to be heavily focused on racing, with no free flight mode. Also, I can't find anything on their site specifically saying the Remote Controller 2 is supported.

I didn't really say what I was looking for. I'm not at the skill level where I'm looking for racing challenges. I really want to just fly around, try stunts on my own, and generally try to increase my skill level.

Velocidrone might be great in a few months or longer, when I won't come in dead last every race.
2021-3-13
Use props
emil.northlane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178825 ft
Sweden

I prefer DRL
2021-3-13
Use props
dr pheonix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302106 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've been using liftoff on my mac. It supports the controller with the usb dongle (usb-c -> usb -> usb-c), and it has a freestyle mode.
2021-3-13
Use props
MCWH7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using Velocidrone with the FPV Drone Controller on a Mac. While there are racing modes and tracks, there is nothing stopping you from just doing free flight
2021-3-13
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

dr pheonix Posted at 3-13 08:55
I've been using liftoff on my mac. It supports the controller with the usb dongle (usb-c -> usb -> usb-c), and it has a freestyle mode.

Thank you for the update!
2021-3-13
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

MCWH7 Posted at 3-13 11:46
I've been using Velocidrone with the FPV Drone Controller on a Mac. While there are racing modes and tracks, there is nothing stopping you from just doing free flight

Oh, thank you!
2021-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules