Gimbal "Squealing" and Gimbal Overload Issue
559 5 2021-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICHAWKEYE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79738 ft
United States

I've been flying this Phantom 4 Pro for a few years, all without any issue.  I often take Pano shots, again, with no issues whatsoever.

During a recent flight, I started getting Gimbal Overload errors on those pano shoots.  Flew back and landed, and when I tried to boot up, I'm getting this unusual "squealing" sound, and issue with the Gimbal.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ICHAWKEYE. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if your DJI Phantom 4 Pro had a crash or any hard landings before this issue occurred? Kindly please check the gimbal and see if there are dust, sand, or debris that might be blocking the gimbal. If you are currently using an ND filter on the said DJI Drone, please remove it temporarily to confirm whether that affects the gimbal as well. In addition, please also perform a gimbal calibration to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-3-16
Use props
ICHAWKEYE
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-16 19:04
Hello there ICHAWKEYE. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if your DJI Phantom 4 Pro had a crash or any hard landings before this issue occurred? Kindly please check the gimbal and see if there are dust, sand, or debris that might be blocking the gimbal. If you are currently using an ND filter on the said DJI Drone, please remove it temporarily to confirm whether that affects the gimbal as well. In addition, please also perform a gimbal calibration to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

No crash, no hard landings, nothing of the sort.  When it's powered off, the gimbal moves freely, no obvious obstruction of any type.  I'm also blown it off with compressed air to help ensure there is no sand/dust and is causing an issue.  

I've recalibrated the gimbal multiple times (it does "stutter" when trying to move during that process), but it appears to recalibrate successfully, but the issue still exists.  

No ND filters of any sort.  
Here is a screen capture of what is happening during flight.
2021-3-17
Use props
ICHAWKEYE
lvl.2
United States

ICHAWKEYE Posted at 3-17 07:56
No crash, no hard landings, nothing of the sort.  When it's powered off, the gimbal moves freely, no obvious obstruction of any type.  I'm also blown it off with compressed air to help ensure there is no sand/dust and is causing an issue.  

I've recalibrated the gimbal multiple times (it does "stutter" when trying to move during that process), but it appears to recalibrate successfully, but the issue still exists.  

2021-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ICHAWKEYE Posted at 3-17 07:56

Hi there ICHAWKEYE. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Since this issue is still happening on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro is still having these issue after doing several troubleshooting steps. I would recommended for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to help you further and further assess the said DJI Drone. Thank you.
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_41LyDInQZZTI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4068829 ft
United States

Noticed on tIhe back of the gimbal of my P4 (after a crash once I had found this; and then also when I had done nothing at all that I noticed that if I tilt the gimbal to its left-most tilt position; I was able to snap the horizontal tilt piece to the rear of the gimbal; as there was about 1/8" separation.  Please reply. Us pilots are all we have got!
2021-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules