[Feature Request] - Unlock or Increase Maximum Altitude
789 7 2021-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

The 500m maximum altitude above launch altitude is too restricting for those of us who fly in the mountains.  Either provide the option to unlock this altitude limitation or at the very least increase that max to 2000m
2021-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Steelart99.  Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-4-5
Use props
PierPaolo Role
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-5 20:29
Hello there Steelart99.  Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

I would have the same problem to do mountain flights on the ridges
2021-4-12
Use props
Nietschy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139167 ft
Austria

I have the same problem in austria. we are allowed by law to fly 150 above ground. we are allowed to climb up the mountains if we do not go over 150m above the relative ground.
we want to fly to the peak and turn around like we do with our beloved DJI FPV for years already.
2021-4-12
Use props
TOW69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 341037 ft
United States

Agreed this needs to be increased!! I do a lot of mountain running and need additional elevation ability

DJI this is a simple firmware change

thanks
2021-4-13
Use props
catware
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1087470 ft
United States

Agree with this completely. The original altitude limit was imposed at a time when people were flying the Phantom 2's too high, and they were running out of battery while trying to get back down with its VERY slow descent rate.

The FPV is so fast that it easily can get up and down 500m multiple times when flying in the mountains. I have a 250m ridge near me that I can go up and down again half a dozen times with one battery. It would be great to fly up around the mountain peaks near it that are above 500m. Thank you
2021-5-18
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live in Colorado and fly in the mountains the vast majority of the time and this limit makes it impossible to get the shots I want, even though I am never more than 100' or so above the ground. I am flying 100% perfectly legally and yet this restriction prevents me from doing what I can legally do.
2021-5-19
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

totally agree, here its easy to breach to 500m limit, whilst being only 25m off the ground, and having VLOS.

I know you can fly down (which also shows the inconsistency of the 'rule') but usualy you get better LOS when being below the done
2021-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules