1286 4 2021-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that there is a FW for the RC that works with all 3: Air 2, Mini 2 and Air 2S, and you have some combo of each or all of them, which one do you take with you? Or do you take all the controllers just in case as backup?

Thanks!

2021-4-24
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

The controllers are the same for the 3 aircrafts, I use the one that came with the Air2S on the Air2S and the one in the Mini for the Mini. Both of them have a sticker that is mandatory in my country.
2021-4-24
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-24 12:53
The controllers are the same for the 3 aircrafts, I use the one that came with the Air2S on the Air2S and the one in the Mini for the Mini. Both of them have a sticker that is mandatory in my country.

Right I know the controller is the same for all 3, i have the Air 2 and Air 2S.

Recent new FW will work with all 3, but when you want to be light as possible like in the city or hiking, do you still bring 2  or 3 controllers? Obviously it depends on the situation where you can bring everything including the kitchen sink, or do you take what's only necessary like 1 controller to be light & mobile?  

Sticker meaning you have to bring EACH in your country (Spain)?  If they are the same, you can save some weight & hassle since it works with whatever combo aircraft you have. Curious what you mean.

I guess it's the same situation if you have a SC and regular controller...do you take both-- use the SC and keep the RC as backup.

2021-4-24
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Yep, in Spain you need to have a sticker, both in the controller and the drone, with your name, operator ID, serial number of the drone and your phone number, so you need to use each controller with it's drone.

So if I take my Mini 2 and My Air2S I should get both controllers because it the police comes they'll inspect that they are paired.

Having both the Mini 2 and the Air2S I'd just take the Air 2S with me as the quality of the images is far superior and the obstacle avoidance sensors and increased FOV gives you a better and more secure flight experience.  The combo bag is a little bigger than the Mini 2, but not much.

I haven't touch the Mini since I got the Air 2S XD
2021-4-24
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 4-24 15:05
Yep, in Spain you need to have a sticker, both in the controller and the drone, with your name, operator ID, serial number of the drone and your phone number, so you need to use each controller with it's drone.

So if I take my Mini 2 and My Air2S I should get both controllers because it the police comes they'll inspect that they are paired.

Thanks for the explanation Huginn. Different rules applicable here in the US.
2021-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules