Out of Box Air 2s Remote Crippled Connection ?! Updated half paired?
601 5 2021-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I got my brand new Air 2s delivered from Dji China to Australia this afternoon. Nicely packaged. (BTW know my way around Dji drones, MP1, P4p, MA2 etc)
Unboxed it and charged battery and remote
FLY APP
Connected my Android which I have been using fine on my MA2 for a year and started the Fly App
The app showed an update fly database message - clicked that but it failed twice after 20 mins or so.
Clicked the camera view and noticed the 'rc not connected to aircraft message'
Went into Control and chose the 're pair option' - did the steps. No change.
Did the combo buttons and 4s press as above. No change. 'rc not connected to aircraft'
ASSISTANT consumer drones
So downloaded the Assistant for Consumer Drones app - first to Mac (but have Mojave) so to my powerful Windows laptop
Drone connected nicely
Updated the Firmware on the Air 2s first, then updated the Firmware on the Remote.
Tried the pairing steps again. Still showed as 'rc not connected to aircraft message' - no camera, no read  BUT (and I hadn't noticed this before)
I get the Go Fly message and oddly I can control the gimbal with the wheel, but nothing else is active on the screen.
I cannot start the props, but strangely can format the SD card,
It is as if there is a kind of half connection and I cannot see a camera view, change any settings etc:

2021-4-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there garyphayes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI link https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly and check whether that could resolve your issue. Before testing, please restart your mobile device as well. Thank you.
2021-4-28
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-28 01:13
Hello there garyphayes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using and can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI link https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly and check whether that could resolve your issue. Before testing, please restart your mobile device as well. Thank you.

Hi Stephen - it is a Huawei P20pro and I have been using it without issue on Mavic Air 2 for a year and recently a friends Mini 2. Will certainly try the new app shortly as very concerned about receiving a faulty unit
2021-4-28
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

garyphayes Posted at 4-28 01:24
Hi Stephen - it is a Huawei P20pro and I have been using it without issue on Mavic Air 2 for a year and recently a friends Mini 2. Will certainly try the new app shortly as very concerned about receiving a faulty unit

Thanks Stephen again - downloaded the apk direct to my P20pro and voila - took me into the binding operation and Yay, camera view ... Couldn't find an updated Fly App on the google app store oddly, hopefully I can get the updates?  But look forward to some filming and photography in the morning!
2021-4-28
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

garyphayes Posted at 4-28 02:20
Thanks Stephen again - downloaded the apk direct to my P20pro and voila - took me into the binding operation and Yay, camera view ... Couldn't find an updated Fly App on the google app store oddly, hopefully I can get the updates?  But look forward to some filming and photography in the morning!

They (DJI) have had the Fly app pulled from the Playstore for the last few versions! Now that you have the "new" version of the app, It will inform you of updates through the app...It will be the same procedure of downloading... then installing the package but you will be notified of the updates going forward now...
All of what you went through is explained in the DJI tutorial about the setup of the new drone including the need to download the new version manually...Glad you got it sorted
2021-4-28
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

jmb63 Posted at 4-28 05:32
They (DJI) have had the Fly app pulled from the Playstore for the last few versions! Now that you have the "new" version of the app, It will inform you of updates through the app...It will be the same procedure of downloading... then installing the package but you will be notified of the updates going forward now...
All of what you went through is explained in the DJI tutorial about the setup of the new drone including the need to download the new version manually...Glad you got it sorted

Cheers JMB - such an odd state of affairs that a free app required for such popular $1-2k  MA2, Mini2 and now Air 2s is not released via the PlayStore (that carries such a wide range of good and bad quality apps!) - my partner got her Mini2 and just got the Fly app in seconds from the Apple store - so such a mess.

Having had 5 new Dji drones in the last 5 years or so I obviously thought a tutorial in updating, binding and basic setup was not required ... even more so having a partly crippled app experience on a previous version was weird, how hard is it to clearly state 'Manual App update required for Android Users before connecting' as that is a new thing ... Even when I connected and updated via Assistant something could have been mentioned there - how hard is it to add a line of code once it detects an A2s to say 'critical app download too'?

Anyway I expect hundreds of other android users may have similar issues
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules