Unlock Request for P4P only allows circles - not polygon
726 2 2021-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I recently received FAA ATC Authorization for on-airport operations in Class C Airspace (see the red area in attachment). It is a polygon comprised of straight lines. It is required that I utilize 100% of the FAA Authorized area with no area remaining locked. When submitting unlock request for P4P (not P4P V2), DJI only allows you to draw circles (see yellow areas in attachment). This will ultimately result in either 1) unused void areas of FAA-approved area or 2) areas that extend outside the authorized polygon which may cause DJI to decline the request.

How do I unlock (exactly/precisely) the FAA Authorized area noted in red?? I do not wish to draw hundreds of tiny circles!!

DJI_Unlock.jpg
2021-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, OldScout. Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, the zone cannot be unlocked in a polygon manner due to firmware limitations. It is suggested that you apply for unlocking like the image below.

2021-4-29
Use props
OldScout
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It needs to be fixed. There is no good reason for this. Why is it available for P4P V2.0 and not the P4P? It makes no practical sense.
2021-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules