Android app store - can't find dji fly app
11792 9 2021-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just bought a new Mavic Air 2S and can not find the DJI Fly app to load onto my phone (Samsung S10 Ultra 5G).  I also tried my two tablets Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and S6.  I called a friend and asked if he could find it on his Samsung S8.  He could not find it either.  DJI Go4 is there with Mimo for my pocket 2, already loaded on my phone & tablets, and all work fine.  I did download the apk file with my computer.  I tried to do it with my phone with no success.
A friend I asked found it on IOS Apple Play.  So I don't know why I can't get it to show up so I can download/install via my Android Play Store like all the ohters.

Then I find out my Crystal Sky is version 5.1 and it needs to be 6.0 to use.  Great!  I was going to use the video out on the Crystal Sky to feed my DJI Goggles since it is only occusync 1.0.  So $1600 worth of DJI products rendered useless because they decided to.

Anyone with an Android device that can find "DJI Fly" app today (29 Jul 2021) or the next few days, Please let me know.  Thank You!

2021-4-29
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I was finally able to download and install the apk file on my phone.  Support said the Google play store has a technical issue.
Still mad that they didn't make the app compatible with the Crystal Sky 7.85" Ultra that I bought.  CS is Android 5.1.1 and I have tried updating, but on the latest.  The DJI Fly app says 6.0 or later.  ?Can't update the CS to 6 or ?Can't make DJI Fly useable for 5 and above?  Or could we do Go4 on the Air S2?

Disappointed.  I almost went for Autel, but thought I would be able to use Crystal Sky (enable video, Copy Screen) and then use HDMI to DJI Goggles camera view plus overlay of what is on the phone/tablet screen.  If you want a clean screen then you enable
2021-4-29
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

The DJI Fly app is no longer supported on the Google store.  You can find the latest version here:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Once it is on your phone though, you should be able to update within the app, so no need to go there again.

The Crystal Sky will not work with any of the newer DJI drones that use the fly app.  The architecture is older and not compatible.

2021-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bill. Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The app you are using cannot be updated via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2021-4-30
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-30 01:26
Hi, Bill. Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The app you are using cannot be updated via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.

That doesn't do much good without knowing the specs of the cable that you are using
Data Rate ?  5, 10, 20 GB/Sec
3.0, 3.1?
Gen 2?
2021-5-3
Use props
djiuser_LpI5cuLRU1VH
New

United States

Samsung Note21 Ultra. Cannot install the app from the link you all provided because of Advanced Protection in Google. Advanced Protection REQUIRES the apk be installed via the PLAY STORE.
Any solution for this? Why did you take this off the play store and why is that not noted anywhere when you buy the product?
2022-1-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

djiuser_LpI5cuLRU1VH Posted at 1-28 18:33
Samsung Note21 Ultra. Cannot install the app from the link you all provided because of Advanced Protection in Google. Advanced Protection REQUIRES the apk be installed via the PLAY STORE.
Any solution for this? Why did you take this off the play store and why is that not noted anywhere when you buy the product?

Nope, I installed it from the DJI site onto my several Samsung devices, including my S21 Ultra with zero problem. You just have to enable "install from this source: when it pops up.
2022-1-28
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just download the APK FILE from the DJI Support page for your drone or device.  Then open it in your phone, device
2022-1-28
Use props
Jacob Jaret Reyes Villalobos
New

United States

Help it happened to me as well now were do we install the app
2022-2-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Enable "install from unknown source:
2022-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now