Cannot get A2 into the compass calibration mode by flipping flight mode switch
3921 13 2014-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayny1322
New

United States

I have my s900 with the A2 controller bound to my spektrum dx9. I need to calibrate my compass to get up in the air first but when I flip the flight mode switch up and down 6 to 8 times the led never turns blue... it just blinks green and yellow. I checked in the A2  assistant to see if the switch is working and it is. please help im scratching my head bald
2014-11-25
Use props
kocaer
New

Turkey

i think ;

if you make firmware upgrade , you have to unlock system on software.
2014-11-26
Use props
jayny1322
New

United States

Thank you kocaer for getting back to me. But I noticed that I did see the the lock symbol on top of the software. So I clicked it to unlock it and Im still  having the same problem. I also tried changing the flight mode switch from a 3 position switch to a 2 position switch. Changing switches still did not make a change .  Would you think I have to change the endpoints of the switch or something of that nature? And if the system was locked would the retracts work because they do as on now?  Thanks. JAY
2014-11-26
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jay

In the assistant you see all 3 flight modes turn blue when the flight mode switched?

Try changing the 3rd flight mode to manual. See if that allows you to get into compass calibration. I have manual on my 3rd position and have never had an issue getting into calibration mode.
2014-11-26
Use props
jayny1322
New

United States

hello blade_strike  I did go into the software and when I flip the 3 position switch it only lights up one at a time, of the flight modes. they are not all blue do they all have to be blue? NOTE when I power up the s900 after it blinks all the colors it stops then blinks green and yellow. and I also noticed the IMU's led is blinking green red green green green green green green green  any clue ?
2014-11-26
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Correct only one flight mode at a time but you verified all 3 modes do turn blue?  

Please try to go from flight mode 1 through 2, 6-8x. If that doesn't work go from mode 1 though 3, 6-8x and make sure the 3rd flight mode is manual..
2014-11-26
Use props
jayny1322
New

United States

Question is the led light on the blue tooth module suppose to change color when I change flight modes before the calibration. I will try what you suggested when I get back home soon. Thanks for your help and patients.
2014-11-26
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You will be flicking the switch so fast that I doubt the led will update the correct mode while switching. Once you stop you will get a solid blue telling you to start horizontal, then a green to start vertical.
2014-11-26
Use props
jayny1322
New

United States

I tried and still no luck
2014-11-26
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jay can you post a video of the assistant going through all flight modes?

2014-11-26
Use props
jayny1322
New

United States

sure one sec
2014-11-26
Use props
jayny1322
New

United States

I got it   ! I had to adjust the travel on my transmitter for the 3 position switch . what I was doing wrong was I had the switch travel maxed . so when I was selecting the flight mode it was highlighting the blank blue box above and below the flight modes in the software get what im saying? so as soon as I adjusted the end points of the switch the flight modes turned blue in the right areas. see im not to familiar with the software so when you told me if the flight modes where turning blue I thought as long as it was in any three of the boxes lol thanks a lot for your help it really did help me figure it out
2014-11-26
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Awesome glad I could help
2014-11-26
Use props
jly
New

United States

jayny1322@comca Posted at 2014-11-27 08:40
I got it   ! I had to adjust the travel on my transmitter for the 3 position switch . what I was ...

Hi Jayny1322

I'm having the same problem. How did you adjust the travel on your 3 position switch?
2015-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules