no up gimble using smart controller
458 7 2021-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
68chgr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35548 ft

United States

New Mavic air 2 with smart controller,\. Gimble on power up does its dance and can calibrate it . but using left wheel on smart controller and latest firmware/software release the gimble will go down but no response up. reboot drone and gimble does its alignment dance  and back to straight ahead and moving drone attitude gimble works properly. Any thought?? is it bad new samrt controller??

2021-6-24
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Could be a mistake with your SC or sw. It works as it should for me.
2021-6-24
Use props
68chgr
lvl.2

United States

also cannot increse screen brightness. can reduce brightness but then cannot increase it again till controller id rebooted . seems as if left thumwheel is not working right, Smart controller new out of box
2021-6-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to re-link your DJI Smart Controller to your DJI Mavic Air 2 to see if there would be some changes? Also, please make sure that you have downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC and kindly have both devices updated using the said software. Please keep us posted on the result. Thank you for your support!  
2021-6-24
Use props
68chgr
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-24 19:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to re-link your DJI Smart Controller to your DJI Mavic Air 2 to see if there would be some changes? Also, please make sure that you have downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC and kindly have both devices updated using the said software. Please keep us posted on the result. Thank you for your support!

have relinked many time. Every time I do astart of controller and then drone gofly software forces me to relink drone to controller. I have updated software to current version but using wifi not dji assistant. will try that.  Also left thumb wheel control will not only not allow up gimble command it will not increase screen brightness only reduce it.
2021-6-25
Use props
djiuser_CyaaAQJQ6hCm
New

United States

68chgr Posted at 6-25 04:00
have relinked many time. Every time I do astart of controller and then drone gofly software forces me to relink drone to controller. I have updated software to current version but using wifi not dji assistant. will try that.  Also left thumb wheel control will not only not allow up gimble command it will not increase screen brightness only reduce it.

current Mavic air 2 version is01.01.0610  smart controller ver is 01-01-0058. refreshed mavic firmware.  tried to do Smart controller refresh but always get data log error and data permissions are turned on in dji asst 2 settings. Ihave regained smart controller screen brightness up function using left thumbwheel and fuction button combo BUT still do not have gimble up only down control using the left thumbwheel.
Where do we go from here  Issues out of box still waiting to fly this thing
2021-6-25
Use props
djiuser_CyaaAQJQ6hCm
New

United States

djiuser_CyaaAQJQ6hCm Posted at 6-25 08:23
current Mavic air 2 version is01.01.0610  smart controller ver is 01-01-0058. refreshed mavic firmware.  tried to do Smart controller refresh but always get data log error and data permissions are turned on in dji asst 2 settings. Ihave regained smart controller screen brightness up function using left thumbwheel and fuction button combo BUT still do not have gimble up only down control using the left thumbwheel.
Where do we go from here  Issues out of box still waiting to fly this thing

Have again lost control of smart controller screen brightness up brightness control . worked 1 time now only can dim display not incress brightness. of course the gimbal up is nis not still working
2021-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_CyaaAQJQ6hCm Posted at 6-25 08:38
Have again lost control of smart controller screen brightness up brightness control . worked 1 time now only can dim display not incress brightness. of course the gimbal up is nis not still working

Hi, thank you for your response and sorry for the late response. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your valued support!
2021-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules