DJI GO 4 "Permission Request" on iPhone 12
10101 22 2021-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

Just got an iPhone 12 and I'm checking to see if the DJI GO 4 App is working fine with my Mavic Air  and as I launched the app  I got a "Permission Request" screen that wants me to Allow Photos & Location info. When I touch the "Allow All" on the phone nothing happens. It seem the screen is frozen. I can exit the app but seems that by not being able to Allow this Permission I'm dead in the water. I think I'm on the newest version but hard to tell since I can't go forward into the app. Any help appreciated.

2021-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there smallWstudio4. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( iPhone 12 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application and on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Air. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said DJI application and for the said DJI drone. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the DJI Mavic Air we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while in use For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

2021-7-8
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

Thank you Stephen for the info. Of course this is horrible news for me. I can only pray that a version of the app will work in the future...I'm kinda sick
2021-7-9
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

smallWstudio4 Posted at 7-9 03:51
Thank you Stephen for the info. Of course this is horrible news for me. I can only pray that a version of the app will work in the future...I'm kinda sick

These admins are 90% computer generated, you can tell by their super consistent style.

Too bad they don't at least have a trainee that responds to this stuff for 10 hrs a week ...

On topic: I'm on android - no issues there with the app; too bad it doesn't work on apple - but there are other apps the fly the mavic. I read positive stories about lichi. It cost 20 bucks or so, might be worth a try
2021-7-16
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

DJ-MA Posted at 7-16 07:46
These admins are 90% computer generated, you can tell by their super consistent style.

Too bad they don't at least have a trainee that responds to this stuff for 10 hrs a week ...

Thanks so much for your reply. That might be worth a try before upgrading to a new drone!!!
2021-7-16
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

smallWstudio4 Posted at 7-16 07:53
Thanks so much for your reply. That might be worth a try before upgrading to a new drone!!!

Let us know if that works - might help other ipone 12 users

and sorry, the litchi (+T) app (typo)
2021-7-16
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

DJ-MA Posted at 7-16 07:58
Let us know if that works - might help other ipone 12 users

and sorry, the litchi (+T) app (typo)

Oh My!!! So I'm the guinea pig!!!
2021-7-16
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

smallWstudio4 Posted at 7-16 08:01
Oh My!!! So I'm the guinea pig!!!

I have no skin in this game, android ecosystem - but don't want to go that route. I just thought it was weird that they (dji) initially sold it through apple store and what not, and now it doesn't even work on ios anymore; bypass the app, or buy android ;)

or maybe, this conversation triggers/annoys them so much they fix it ...

its time to fly
2021-7-16
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

DJ-MA Posted at 7-16 08:05
I have no skin in this game, android ecosystem - but don't want to go that route. I just thought it was weird that they (dji) initially sold it through apple store and what not, and now it doesn't even work on ios anymore; bypass the app, or buy android ;)

or maybe, this conversation triggers/annoys them so much they fix it ...

Got that right!!
2021-7-16
Use props
JasonDynamics
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So is this for real - the Go app does not work with the iPhone 12??? That's just crazy. That's my new phone, but now I can no longer use my Mavic Air?!

Does DJI have any indication of when this will be rectified?  
2021-8-2
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

JasonDynamics Posted at 8-2 09:15
So is this for real - the Go app does not work with the iPhone 12??? That's just crazy. That's my new phone, but now I can no longer use my Mavic Air?!

Does DJI have any indication of when this will be rectified?

Have a look here, shows iphone 12 works with dji go 4
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2021-8-2
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

UKMoose Posted at 8-2 12:56
Have a look here, shows iphone 12 works with dji go 4
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

link shows it only works for dji fly on iphone 12, blue dot - there is no green dot for go 4
2021-8-9
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

DJ-MA Posted at 8-9 10:40
link shows it only works for dji fly on iphone 12, blue dot - there is no green dot for go 4

You could be right, I was looking at the other end of the line with orange green and blue, assumed the numbers were people who found it worked for them, it's all a bit of a mine field trying to find what will and won't work.
2021-8-9
Use props
Ray Jaro
New

United States

I just had my I7 replaced and transferred apps, I got to my job and the window " permission Request " pops up asking to access my photos and location but the window is froze. I close app  re open, shut phone down re start no luck. I delete app and reload the window pops up again as part of the new reload but i am able to input now the app is working and i can fly again. I think the new OPS had something to do with it
2021-8-10
Use props
Mary H
lvl.1
United States

DJ-MA Posted at 8-9 10:40
link shows it only works for dji fly on iphone 12, blue dot - there is no green dot for go 4

I just bought an iPhone 12 also.  I’m disappointed to hear it won’t let me fly on my new phone.  Since I can’t use DJI GO 4 to fly my MAVIC AIR with DJI Go 4 app, will I be able to fly it with DJI FLY app?  
2021-8-13
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

Mary H Posted at 8-13 13:12
I just bought an iPhone 12 also.  I’m disappointed to hear it won’t let me fly on my new phone.  Since I can’t use DJI GO 4 to fly my MAVIC AIR with DJI Go 4 app, will I be able to fly it with DJI FLY app?

Hi Mary, I'm one of those Android users myself, but Ray (right above) seems to have gotten it to work by installing the app twice. I really hope that would fix it. The fly app is for the mini, as far as I know.

Hope you're up in the air again soon
2021-8-15
Use props
BerrienDroneGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5751 ft
United States

Hello team; I'm an owner of the Mavic Air (original version) and I use an iPhone 12 pro with current iOS. The permission request is from the Apple IOS system and it asks each new app for permission to access the photos/videos location on your phone. this is normal. If the app seems frozen, simply close out and restart the app till the screen making the request goes away. This sometimes can take 1 or 2 tries...
2021-8-17
Use props
fans912640e4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 468251 ft
United States

Permission Request just started blocking my access to the DJI Go 4 app. I have an iPhone 10 and a Mavic Pro.
2021-8-28
Use props
djiuser_Z4JCGuA55RT8
New

Spain

smallWstudio4 Posted at 7-9 03:51
Thank you Stephen for the info. Of course this is horrible news for me. I can only pray that a version of the app will work in the future...I'm kinda sick

Deactivate all notifications for the app in your iPhone 12 menu so the window won’t pop up
2021-9-8
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!
2021-9-8
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

All is well on the iPhone 12 and the DJI GO 4 app. The tips were good but I think it was my fault in not allowing Location and Photos permission. Allowed that and all is well and now I can even not allow and the app loads fine. I did have to go into "Settings" to do the permissions as well not at the app.

Of course I guess this is still not a recommended device for the app sorry to say.

2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_XZW15ePiXOkK
New

Brazil

Try turning your gps on, works for me only this way
2022-4-4
Use props
djiuser_XZW15ePiXOkK
New

Brazil

Try turning your gps on, works for me only this way