6000mah Battery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
launchpad72
lvl.1

United States

I have found a few places that have a DJI 6000mah battery. Is this real or from some third party vendor? Most importantly will it work with the Phantom 3. going from 4480mah to 6000mah would make it fly for well over 30 minutes. What do you all think?
2015-7-23
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

following this thread...how do you follow a thread

..lol
2015-7-23
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI does not make a 6000mAh battery for the P3. When it comes to batteries, it's a good idea to stick with OEM since that's a major component of what keeps your Phantom in the air. And, you'll most likely void your warranty if you use third party batteries.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-23
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

They went with 4480mAh for a reason, even though there are more powerful options they could have gone with. Weight vs power might have been one of those reasons as more power means more juices packed into a battery which, of course, means more weight. Because of how powerful the Phantom 3 is, I don't think that is the reason for the battery with less storage. My guess is that it is more of a heat issue. When you fly your battery from 100% down to 20% it is quite hot to the touch. More than likely they tested the worst case scenario (flying hard in very hot conditions and whatnot) and figured that this amount was the safe limit of heat for the LiPo, the plastic case around the battery, the shell of the Phantom, and the electronics inside the Phantom and the battery. They must have their reasons...
2015-7-24
Use props
launchpad72
lvl.1

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-7-24 11:20
DJI does not make a 6000mAh battery for the P3. When it comes to batteries, it's a good idea to stic ...

Thanks for the reply's guys......
2015-7-24
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Cacc Posted at 2015-7-24 20:29
They went with 4480mAh for a reason, even though there are more powerful options they could have gon ...

"They went with 4480mAh for a reason, even though there are more powerful options they could have gone with. Weight vs power might have been one of those reasons as more power means more juices packed into a battery which, of course, means more weight."

Not quite true. There are constant improvements in lithium polymer batteries. In Lithium ion batteries in the last two years, they gone from 2500 mAH for a 18650 battery to now 3600 mAH cells.

Same size and same weight.
2015-7-24
Use props
Khador
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668100 ft
United Kingdom

A cynical mind might also consider that the longer your flight time the less likely you are to buy extra batteries.
2015-7-24
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Khador Posted at 2015-7-25 00:46
A cynical mind might also consider that the longer your flight time the less likely you are to buy e ...

Sounds good, but DJI offers two batteries for the Inspire 1. One is 99.9 watt hours and is legal to fly commercially with as many of them as you want. The second battery 126 watt hours and you can only fly commercial flights with two batteries.

If you can get an increase in watt hours of 15-20 % by going to a 6000 mAH battery, your only going to get a 20% increase in flight time, or a whole 4 minutes longer per charge.
2015-7-24
Use props
Khador
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668100 ft
United Kingdom

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-25 03:50
Sounds good, but DJI offers two batteries for the Inspire 1. One is 99.9 watt hours and is legal t ...

Dont apply your logic or reason here!!! this is the internet. We are supposed to rebell agains all reason and go straight to tinfoil.

2015-7-24
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Khador Posted at 2015-7-25 06:44
Dont apply your logic or reason here!!! this is the internet. We are supposed to rebell agains all ...

Reason and logic are so over rated aren't they?

I'd say right now, that DJI and their battery supplier are starting to catch up on battery orders as evidenced by after market sales. I've purchased 4 batteries since I received my Phantom late May. The first one took a little time to get, the others, two days from order to delivery.

The Inspire batteries cost $159 for the 99 watt hour battery and $199 for the 126 watt hour battery. Not cheap, but then again the Inspire 1 is more oriented to the commercial photographer than the Phantom.
2015-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules