Are continued problems potentially grounds for legal action?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

If DJI, besides their lame customer service, has acknowledged issues with their product and continue to sell it without a safe firmware are they possibly setting themselves up for a potential law suit or class action suit?  Just wondering.  After losing two P3Ps in two weeks I don't think I'd buy from them again.  I'm bummed, I liked my P3P before they had issues. Just curious if others are a little concerned with their P3.  I give thanks no was has been injured by a P3P, at least none we know of.
2015-7-28
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

what happened to your P3s?
2015-7-28
Use props
Khador
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668100 ft
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-7-28 16:34
what happened to your P3s?

His other thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-24857-1-1.html
2015-7-28
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

In reality you can sue anyone for anything, but your chances of being successful are pretty close to nil. You would have to prove that there was an actually  fault of the hardware and without the drone and the onboard data you are unable to get that information. It could be user error, it could be a lot of things. Not trying to defend DJI or criticize your opinion, but there is no real evidence of malicious intent or purposeful bad intent by releasing a defective product. The fact there are thousands of others that have not had any problems suggests the problem is not with the design but rather other factors.

Either get a new one, get another brand or choose another hobby.

Alan
2015-7-28
Use props
innovativethink
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

apsphoto Posted at 2015-7-28 23:55
In reality you can sue anyone for anything, but your chances of being successful are pretty close to ...

Agree.  And for those that haven't had the pleasure, lawsuits, even if you are the filing the complaint, are horrific to go through, however lawyers love them.
2015-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules