1268 24 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, this is something i am going to do once my warranty runs out or...
If I can pick up a used controller, can this also be paired or can only one at a time be paired?

2021-9-14
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

yes can be paired!
2021-9-14
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing this video here at DJI Forum. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to modify your DJI products like DJI remote controllers. There is a possibility that these modification will work however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said modifications. In addition, these modifications might cause damage or harm on your DJI remote controller. Thank you.
2021-9-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting mod Bashy.    Definitely a challenging way to get rid of the awful Beep.  
2021-9-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks guys, good to know
2021-9-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep an eye on ebay you can pickup one of those controllers for £30 and then mod that one so you always have your original controller to go back to.
2021-9-15
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-15 00:25
Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing this video here at DJI Forum. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to modify your DJI products like DJI remote controllers. There is a possibility that these modification will work however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said modifications. In addition, these modifications might cause damage or harm on your DJI remote controller. Thank you.

We wouldn't have to modify your products if you actually listened to your customers and had a SIMPLE update to have an option to turn off the bloody BEEPING when the MINI 2 is RTH!
2021-9-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-15 23:36
Keep an eye on ebay you can pickup one of those controllers for £30 and then mod that one so you always have your original controller to go back to.

Cheers, seen them for 40 odd so far...
2021-9-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mhinc Posted at 9-16 00:07
We wouldn't have to modify your products if you actually listened to your customers and had a SIMPLE update to have an option to turn off the bloody BEEPING when the MINI 2 is RTH!

You get the Golden Buzzer from me, if there was one, just a lowly vote will have to suffice lol
2021-9-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-16 03:46
Cheers, seen them for 40 odd so far...

You can do a saved search and then get a notification when new ones are posted.
2021-9-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-16 03:51
You can do a saved search and then get a notification when new ones are posted.

Now why would I want to go and do sommat as simple as that ;)

Thanks lol
2021-9-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-16 04:05
Now why would I want to go and do sommat as simple as that ;)

Thanks lol

If its a bidding auction I have a free account on https://justsnipe.com to place a bid at the last moment.  Free account gives you a few free bids a week.
2021-9-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, just reminded me of my own account, not used it for years mind lol
2021-9-16
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I just modded my controller today - a small wad of foam tape (double sided adhesive) stuffed into the buzzer hole with another layer on the top reduced the beeping volume to the point it is virtually inaudible…. For my use this works perfectly, as I can still tell an alarm is occurring, but bystanders can barely hear it :-)

As an electronics hobbyist I appreciate the OP’s mod, and unsoldering the beeper was actually my original intent - but without a backup controller on hand, I was hesitant to go that deep.  The foam tape method only required cracking open the case to apply (which, to be honest, requires a small leap of faith as the case is pretty securely built and the 2 top screws under the rubber phone grips are somewhat difficult to remove).  But this is certainly achievable by the average hobbyist with some patience and a YouTube tear down video as a guide.

I believe DJI considers the beeper a safety feature, and as such they will never offer the ability to disable it.  But as so many posts on the subject demonstrate, the beeper volume is WAY too loud and tends to draw unnecessary attention to a hobby that is already misunderstood by the general public.  With a bit of patience and some tape, you no longer need to worry about that ;-)

Here is the YT video I used for reference - but as I mentioned, all I needed to do was get it cracked open (no need for full tear down):

Edit- if even this reduced volume is not enough, I suspect a drop or two of super glue applied to the buzzer hole on its top would likely silence it completely without requiring deeper disassembly or unsoldering...
2022-7-29
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-9-15 00:25
Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing this video here at DJI Forum. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to modify your DJI products like DJI remote controllers. There is a possibility that these modification will work however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said modifications. In addition, these modifications might cause damage or harm on your DJI remote controller. Thank you.

Thank you Captain Obvious.
2022-7-29
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-9-15 00:25

Hence why they said they would do so once their warrant has expired, so it's not your problem.  Your copy and paste template replies are very frustrating and annoying.  
2022-7-29
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

TomKatt Posted at 7-29 10:44
I just modded my controller today - a small wad of foam tape (double sided adhesive) stuffed into the buzzer hole with another layer on the top reduced the beeping volume to the point it is virtually inaudible…. For my use this works perfectly, as I can still tell an alarm is occurring, but bystanders can barely hear it :-)

As an electronics hobbyist I appreciate the OP’s mod, and unsoldering the beeper was actually my original intent - but without a backup controller on hand, I was hesitant to go that deep.  The foam tape method only required cracking open the case to apply (which, to be honest, requires a small leap of faith as the case is pretty securely built and the 2 top screws under the rubber phone grips are somewhat difficult to remove).  But this is certainly achievable by the average hobbyist with some patience and a YouTube tear down video as a guide.

DJI could EASILY add a option to turn off the beep with a disclaimer that covers their ass.  They just won't
2022-7-29
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Mhinc Posted at 7-29 19:18
DJI could EASILY add a option to turn off the beep with a disclaimer that covers their ass.  They just won't

I agree it would be a simple software update…. But they’re never going to do it.  So, if it really bothers you, you need to do it yourself.  I had never opened my controller before, and I was in and out in 20 minutes.  Now it doesn’t sound like a car alarm going off every time my battery gets down to 20% (which is pretty much every flight).
2022-7-30
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

TomKatt Posted at 7-30 06:59
I agree it would be a simple software update…. But they’re never going to do it.  So, if it really bothers you, you need to do it yourself.  I had never opened my controller before, and I was in and out in 20 minutes.  Now it doesn’t sound like a car alarm going off every time my battery gets down to 20% (which is pretty much every flight).

I would just like to see Course Lock added, I mean they added it during RTH just give it to use normally for crying out loud!
2022-7-30
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Mhinc Posted at 7-30 23:57
I would just like to see Course Lock added, I mean they added it during RTH just give it to use normally for crying out loud!

Maven has course lock ;-)

I've been playing around with Maven and it has quite a few automated flight features.  I also noticed that I can flip back and forth between Maven and the DJI Fly app on my tablet during flight and each picks up where the other left off.  I think that's because both communicate with the underlying SDK, which is what actually controls the drone via the remote.

2022-7-31
Use props
ChungKing
lvl.1
United States

I'm not going to open up my unit. I'll live with the warning beeps.
2022-7-31
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

TomKatt Posted at 7-31 04:29
Maven has course lock ;-)

I've been playing around with Maven and it has quite a few automated flight features.  I also noticed that I can flip back and forth between Maven and the DJI Fly app on my tablet during flight and each picks up where the other left off.  I think that's because both communicate with the underlying SDK, which is what actually controls the drone via the remote.

Hmm I Litchi but I have never tried Maven.  Thanks!

EDIT Forget it, it's not avaialble on Android.....

2022-8-3
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Mhinc Posted at 8-3 03:09
Hmm I Litchi but I have never tried Maven.  Thanks!

EDIT Forget it, it's not avaialble on Android.....

Sorry - I should have mentioned that.  There have been some rumors saying the Maven developer is looking into creating an Android version, but I doubt that will come to fruition...  The Android environment is a lot more complicated to support than iOS and I believe Maven is created by a single person with limited resources.
2022-8-3
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

TomKatt Posted at 8-3 06:11
Sorry - I should have mentioned that.  There have been some rumors saying the Maven developer is looking into creating an Android version, but I doubt that will come to fruition...  The Android environment is a lot more complicated to support than iOS and I believe Maven is created by a single person with limited resources.

That's really too bad.  Here's hoping
2022-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules