3186 22 2015-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

Hey everyone...

Took delivery of my Inspire 1 earlier today.

Busy charging batteries and reading manuals... boring?!

Anyways...
Read in the charging hub manual under "Updating the Firmware" item:
2. ... connect it to the computer...
3. Run the firmware update program. Press the update button and wait for the process to finish.

What the heck are these guys talking about?
What program?
What button?

Please help!
2015-7-31
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

What is the "charging hub" ?

Can you post a link or a picture please
2015-8-1
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

w1der Posted at 2015-8-1 16:16
What is the "charging hub" ?

Can you post a link or a picture please

Its the new device that allows you to charge 4 Batteries at the same time...
Inspire_1_Accessories_en-84d96041b880e5d71c905f671a23a6fb.jpg
2015-8-1
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-8-1 21:07

Leo ...

Are you sure that this is the charging hub that Adamastor is reffering to?
2015-8-1
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2

South Africa

Hey w1der

It is exactly the item I am referring to...
2015-8-1
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yes but it actually doesn't charge them all at once if you read the information on it carefully.  It charges them in order of battery life left in the battery then once that battery is fully charged it moves onto the next one until they are all charged.
2015-8-1
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

According to previous info from DJI repr you cannot upgrade fw through this hub ...
Based on that the text in the manual that your quote makes no sense!
2015-8-1
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2

South Africa

Good morning guys

Pardon me if I seem standoffish or something, but everyone so far has missed the point.
If any of you read the charging hub manual like I did and tried to do what they instruct you to do, then we can talk again.

I will keep on searching for an answer...

Thanks for the inputs thus far.
2015-8-1
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Adamastor Posted at 2015-8-2 01:36
Hey w1der

It is exactly the item I am referring to...

Have been reading about it, There are no updates at the moment for this device, but when they come the port will be handy...
2015-8-2
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Adamastor Posted at 2015-8-2 15:21
Good morning guys

Pardon me if I seem standoffish or something, but everyone so far has missed the  ...

Can you possibly post a video of you reading the manual ... and then we might be able to tell you if you are reading it correctly ...

Just don´t ask DJI support ... they will tell you to send the equipment in for repairs ...
2015-8-2
Use props
jamesmason1972
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Adamastor Posted at 2015-8-2 15:21
Good morning guys

Pardon me if I seem standoffish or something, but everyone so far has missed the  ...

Hi Adamastor
I have just received my hub and discovered the charging in sequence......should've read the details before purchasing.
I'm on the same page as you regarding on how to run the update firmware from the hub.

Have to got anywhere further? I will try some various methods to see what may work.

I have plugged it to my Mac with the USB and the red lights just flash on the hub....I was expecting it to come up showing it might be the same as if you plugged in a USB flash drive and just add the firmware file to it.....but, alas, no.
2015-8-15
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2

South Africa

Hi James

Yes the charging is in sequence, not what I expected either, but it has speeded up the charging of my batteries to a degree. I have 12v deep cycle battery and inverter in the car. At least now I can hang the batteries like washing and the charging takes care of itself.

And I still have not been able to find out what they mean in the manual about the updates...
2015-8-16
Use props
Roby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3698783 ft
  • >>>
Italy

hello ... I have the same problem with the hub battery for phantom 3..nelle instruction is notified to update the firmware ... but I do not know how ... because by connecting the cable to the computer is not read as a hard drive ... and I see no installer firmware ... meanwhile you have solved?
thank you
Roby
2015-8-27
Use props
Roby
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

hello ... I have the same problem with the hub battery for phantom 3..nelle instruction is notified to update the firmware ... but I do not know how ... because by connecting the cable to the computer is not read as a hard drive ... and I see no installer firmware ... meanwhile you have solved?
thank you
Roby
2015-8-27
Use props
Roby
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

Roby Posted at 2015-8-27 22:50
hello ... I have the same problem with the hub battery for phantom 3..nelle instruction is notified  ...

ok..ho I read all the messages I think I understand that you can not update the firmware hub battery (assuming that there will be one!)
thank you
roby
2015-8-27
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2

South Africa

Hey Roby...

Exactly...
The instructions and the real life of the battery instruction manual does not seem to find each other...
2015-8-28
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2

South Africa

Okay...

This mystery has been solved.
DJI released software called "Charging Hub Upgrader v1.1" on 9 September.

When you run the *.exe file it becomes clear what is meant in the documentation by:
2. ... connect it to the computer...
3. Run the firmware update program. Press the update button and wait for the process to finish.

This *.exe file was the missing link I was searching for.

Thanks DJI
2015-9-14
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2

South Africa

So I thought the mystery was solved... but not entirely.

I downloaded the new update software.Finally had some time to update the charging hub.
I followed the instructions to the letter.
Step1
Untitled-1.jpg
Step2
Untitled-2.jpg
Step3
Untitled-3.jpg
Step4

... and repeat...
until I'm blue in the face...
It does not work!

Untitled-4.jpg
2015-10-4
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I have a small issue that I do not know if it is an actual issue or just normal.

I am currently using a charging hub for my I1 whicj I just got and is the first time I am using.

I updated the firmware on the Charging Hub already.

When it is charging a battery the hub blinks green which means it is charging and the battery also blinks its lights as it is charging.

But after about 1 hour and 40 min the battery lights stop blinking(No lights at all) but the green light on the charging hub keeps blinking(green) as it is still charging.

I am confused as the battery lights are off on the battery but the hub still continues to blink green on that charging cycle with the same battery as it is still charging. I understand the green light must stay on to state that battery charge is complete.

I have 4 batteries plugged in to be charged.

Am i missing something here or is this normal and after a while it will start charging the next battery?

Please help.

Thanks
2015-10-6
Use props
visualizainc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119367 ft
United States

I paid for this Item but I'm very disappointment, the batteries is not charging at the same time!

2015-12-15
Use props
visualizainc
lvl.1
United States

Adamastor Posted at 2015-9-14 05:49
Okay...

This mystery has been solved.

I did the process correctly, new cable, new hub, the program running good, but the pc can't connect the hub. don't recognize, thats crazy I have 6 batteries I'm very disappointment.
any suggestion? don;t tell me, return for guarantee LOL
2015-12-15
Use props
visualizainc
lvl.1
United States

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-8-1 08:07

I saw the new at the same time  but I see only one light green color, the another is yellow(not charging) LOL, Fake advertisement?
2015-12-15
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2

South Africa

Okay...

Just to make things a little more clear.

You have to install the newest software for the hub on your PC first.
Also make sure latest DJI USB drivers are installed.

Then only connect your Charging Hub.

The Hub will cycle through all the batteries and start charging the one with the most charge left.
Then it will cycle and charge the next highest and so on and so on until all four batteries are charged.

Perhaps not as fast as charging all four simultaneously, but at least you will have a fully charged battery "quicker out of the blocks"...
2015-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules