2240 17 2015-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101175 ft
Iraq

Hello
Well - it finally happened.  I thought I would be able to continue to fly and enjoy my Inspire 1 years.But suddenly it happend. After all pre flight check and calibration done At 28/07/15 (GMT+6) I was flying on a nice location and the weather was really good. I was flying for a few minites and when i was flying very slowly front of me suddenly the Inspire Flipped and hit a pipe.  The motors automaticly stoped and crashed.

The result - The left carbon tube broke and non of the motors starting.Prop lock came of and Propeller broke. Gimbal broke and SD Card lost.  Back home I cautiously reinserted the battery and was able to get the I1 back into transport mode with no problems or strange sounds.   the transform arms are still functional.  When i try to start motors it's say ESC error.

I was trying to reach to the inspire Customer Service China via Live chat and Phone call all day and still not able to reach to support.

I already uploaded my flight data. Hope dji will look about it and fix my inspire soon.

I'm just glad there were no people or property damaged other than my own aircraft. That would be very bad if someone got hurt.

So guys. Be careful and fly safe.

2015-8-1
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Oh no!  So sorry to hear.    Hope it's fixed soon and you're back in the air!
2015-8-1
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Did you see a prop flying off just as it flipped? It sounds like either a prop broke or a prop was not securely affixed to its mount.

2015-8-1
Use props
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Iraq

jimhare Posted at 2015-8-1 19:07
Oh no!  So sorry to hear.    Hope it's fixed soon and you're back in the air!

This is the saddest thing happened in my life
2015-8-1
Use props
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Iraq

remltr Posted at 2015-8-1 21:15
Did you see a prop flying off just as it flipped? It sounds like either a prop broke or a prop was n ...

I checked the props before i fly and attached prop lock. But when it's crashed i saw 2 prop locks are not there and 1prop also not there. So that might be a reason. Never thought of that.
2015-8-1
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ibrahimquayum Posted at 2015-8-1 22:17
I checked the props before i fly and attached prop lock. But when it's crashed i saw 2 prop locks  ...

since it is showing esc error now and the motors shut down when it flipped, It sounds as though an esc failed, doesn't sound like a prop came off to me or it would have went flying. they seem to fix Inspires faster than P3 Good luck in the future, with your bird.
2015-8-1
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

ibrahimquayum Posted at 2015-8-1 22:15
This is the saddest thing happened in my life

I can imagine your heart sank when it happened!   Hope it all works out.
2015-8-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I hope you get this worked out soon.

Hang in there
Rich
2015-8-1
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for your inspire!  Yesterday  was Sunday  so probably they was not working, try to contact them again, don't  give up
2015-8-2
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope all is fixed soon. Also if this is the saddest thing to happen in your life you must be very insulated,
2015-8-3
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

I hope they improve support soon.
2015-8-3
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Sorry for that mate it already happened to me and its very sad, see you in the air soon!
2015-8-3
Use props
ibrahimquayum
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks guys. You guys are great. DJI support contacted with me and asked me information and i provided them. They told me that they will investigate the data and let me know what to do next within a week. I will keep you guys posted about it.
2015-8-6
Use props
hp.woudstra
lvl.1

Netherlands

Exactly the same happend to me after the update. I was hovering at 4 feet, empty-ing (is dat correct spelling?) the batteries as instructed to recalibrate the new battery firmware and 2 batteries suddenly dropped from 49% to 1% in about 90 seconds hovering and the I1 landed perfectly automatic. But on the 3th battery it started at 48% and after hovering for 4 minutes at batterylevel 23% suddenly the craft fliped over and crashed on the ground..  I had no remote control over it to stop the motors and had to pick it up, (still got al my fingers) to remove the battery to kill the spinning motors...  Luckyly only minor external damage, but i saw smoke coming from one of the motors.

After are-attaching the gimbal and connectorcables it starts up without errors an does fly again.
But.....
Should I send it to DJI for inspection? I don't trust that ESC or motor anymore and fear a big crash if the ESC decides to fail permanently at 300 feet or so....
2015-8-6
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

hp.woudstra@gma Posted at 2015-8-7 05:10
Exactly the same happend to me after the update. I was hovering at 4 feet, empty-ing (is dat correct ...

I would recommend that you never fly with a battery that has not been fully charged before flight or after a firmware update.  The discharge recommendation is from a full 100% battery down to 5% (or 3.3v per cell), not from a partially charged battery to empty.  

To answer your question, if you believe it is an esc issue, were all blades spinning on the ground?  Due to your battery charge, you may have just experienced a low battery that was unable to keep the I1 in the air.  I would fully charge and then discharge your batteries again.  
2015-8-6
Use props
hp.woudstra
lvl.1

Netherlands

mixmaven Posted at 2015-8-7 05:22
I would recommend that you never fly with a battery that has not been fully charged before flight  ...

@mixhaven: I totaly agree with your advise.
I do normaly charge all batteries to 100% before flight, (and never had issues with the bird before in 8 months) but now I did'nt charge them on purpose, because i wanted to drain them for calibration..
With the first 2 batteries it landed it self nicely but with the last battery it  just flipped over at 23% charge and dropped like a brick.... Sort of brown-out I think to.
It's a shame however.. just found out that the landing gear mechanism has bent.. it now "wobbles" slowly up and down...  
About the esc... it layed up side down with landing gear in down position on two motors in the grass. I saw a puff of smoke comming from the left rear motor side, while figuring out how to safely turn it over to remove the battery...
2015-8-6
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

hp.woudstra@gma Posted at 2015-8-7 06:49
@mixhaven: I totaly agree with your advise.
I do normaly charge all batteries to 100% before flig ...

I understand, I would suggest contacting DJI support, ask them to review your flight log file and they can tell you what happened.  If it was an equipment failure, it would be under warranty possibly.  Sorry to hear of your crash, I know it can be troubling.  A bent worm gear is not a user replaceable part.  
2015-8-6
Use props
hp.woudstra
lvl.1

Netherlands

mixmaven Posted at 2015-8-7 09:55
I understand, I would suggest contacting DJI support, ask them to review your flight log file and  ...

Hallelujah There's a Official DJI service-department in Holland ( For BE NL LUX)
I can send it to there instead of to China....
They claim to repair within 7 days of arrival!

Thanks @mixmaven for your comments and advise.

2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules