Thinking to buy the m3. No expo settings on the fly app??
550 27 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hi,
Is it really the truth that you can't manage flight settings for this pro drone?

How should we make soft movements with no ability to adjust the settings?

And no, cine mode in no replacment for real adjustments settings.
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are some settings but they are not as good as the go4 app.  Theres also no sharpness/contrast etc controls.
2021-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is suspected they will add this in an upcoming update, but not at this moment.
2021-11-14
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

DAFlys Posted at 11-14 01:17
There are some settings but they are not as good as the go4 app.  Theres also no sharpness/contrast etc controls.

Hi,
It is unbelievable the best and most expensive drone from the consumer line doesn't have the basic control abilities the older drones had.
2021-11-14
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

Montfrooij Posted at 11-14 01:50
It is suspected they will add this in an upcoming update, but not at this moment.

Hi, thanks.
Why do you believe so?
2021-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Having flown M2p p4pro and Air1 Air2s Mini2 , and although the first two have a slightly more comprehensive control system , I have found it impossible to get my smaller craft to fly any smoother than stock settings and nothing I can do on go4 is better than I can do on the fly app. Except if your setting controls for irrational flying. The air2s is probably the smoothest flying dji drone in the pack, I expect M3 will follow that closely.
2021-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Moshe.mmm Posted at 11-14 02:50
Hi, thanks.
Why do you believe so?

It is an assumption.
2021-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Moshe.mmm Posted at 11-14 02:49
Hi,
It is unbelievable the best and most expensive drone from the consumer line doesn't have the basic control abilities the older drones had.

Either they are trying to keep them simple so more people are attracted to buy or it’s just been released in a rush.
2021-11-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Moshe.mmm Posted at 11-14 02:49
Hi,

Gotta agree.  However, fingers crossed, it will come in a future firmware update.  Hence, why I have delayed buying the M3 at this time.
2021-11-14
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Trust me my friend, stick bangers have no idea how important expo setting is
2021-11-14
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

EXP is definitely available for the Mavic 3.  It does not Sensitivity or Gain, but you can adjust the EXP curve and you can make it different settings for Cine, Normal, and Sport.
2021-11-14
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 11-14 01:50

Well I think they need to tell us about that and everything else they are planning or all the eager M3 buyers will start to look elsewhere
2021-11-14
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-14 05:04
Gotta agree.  However, fingers crossed, it will come in a future firmware update.  Hence, why I have delayed buying the M3 at this time.

ditto and for many other features lacking in "Fly".
2021-11-14
Use props
Mharz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4759560 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-14 19:30
EXP is definitely available for the Mavic 3.  It does not Sensitivity or Gain, but you can adjust the EXP curve and you can make it different settings for Cine, Normal, and Sport.

Have you tweaked your EXPOS at all from stock?  Are you missing Sensitivity or Gain at this point?  

Curious.
2021-11-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

christangey Posted at 11-14 19:40
ditto and for many other features lacking in "Fly".

For sure.  
2021-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

christangey Posted at 11-14 19:39
Well I think they need to tell us about that and everything else they are planning or all the eager M3 buyers will start to look elsewhere

The problem is that they don't have many other places to go
2021-11-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 11-15 03:55
The problem is that they don't have many other places to go

Maybe not right at this moment but there at least 3 other manufacturers working on models in that price range, one very close to release.
2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

christangey Posted at 11-15 04:14
Maybe not right at this moment but there at least 3 other manufacturers working on models in that price range, one very close to release.

If its Autel you’re talking about they were supposed to release 4 drones before this dji drone, and you’re putting your faith in them “its a bit Ironic “ remember Autel is famous for not updating their drones MMMMM.
2021-11-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 04:22
If its Autel you’re talking about they were supposed to release 4 drones before this dji drone, and you’re putting your faith in them “its a bit Ironic “ remember Autel is famous for not updating their drones MMMMM.

If the truth be known I think DJI released the Mavic 3 early as they heard the Autel Evo 3 was getting close to release. The reason they delayed release so long was they wanted to make sure Autel didn't have better features. (I'm sure they have spies in each camp
2021-11-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

christangey Posted at 11-15 04:38
If the truth be known I think DJI released the Mavic 3 early as they heard the Autel Evo 3 was getting close to release. The reason they delayed release so long was they wanted to make sure Autel didn't have better features. (I'm sure they have spies in each camp

(Hmmm...not sure why but my post won't fully post and cuts off there...so will continue)
....Maybe Autel saw the M3 and went back to the drawing board. Who knows?
2021-11-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mharz Posted at 11-14 21:02
Have you tweaked your EXPOS at all from stock?  Are you missing Sensitivity or Gain at this point?  

Curious.

I always change EXP for yaw to slow it down, but have never changed sensitivity or gain on any of my drones.
2021-11-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

100% agree
2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think they released early to meet demand for Christmas market, Autel are not exactly breaking huge ground tearing into djis market share.
I agree with the early release and we are the beta testers, but I don’t think Autel is going to make any difference with that. They always have similar or worse problems when they release. We’re still waiting for their Nano release.
2021-11-15
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 04:22

I would not make this affirmation if i do not own one...
This would be very easy to check from sources...
What dates you see for Autel Explorer app and Firmwares?
Official and Beta working ones...
So...check first, make assumptions later...No offence.
software.jpg
hard.jpg
hard.jpg
software.jpg
2021-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-15 05:55
I would not make this affirmation if i do not own one...
This would be very easy to check from sources...
What dates you see for Autel Explorer app and Firmwares?

No idea what your talking about. But you can see all FW updates here for dji FW on all drones.

They’re not telling you when future FW will be. And they are constantly moving release dates. Constantly promising fixes for their problems. They really are a poor example and this clearly shows in their market share.
2021-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

christangey Posted at 11-15 04:14
Maybe not right at this moment but there at least 3 other manufacturers working on models in that price range, one very close to release.

I hope that will be happening.
A bit of competition keeps them sharp.
2021-11-15
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Montfrooij Posted at 11-15 06:23
I hope that will be happening.
A bit of competition keeps them sharp.

Fully agree with you.
2021-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Still, if I can capture nice shots with my Mini2, I think the Mavic 3 would be a huge step up, even without these settings.
After all, it has the curves for the sticks. So that is the most important.
2021-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules