18662 56 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Well today the Samsung S21 has been updated to Android 12 official, not beta.

Well now DJI Mimo and DJI Fly no longer work.

The applications start well, and you can handle all the options of both Mimo and the fly, but it does not show the image that the Drone or Action 2 is seeing, a black screen appears.

My phone is the Samsung S21 Ultra, with today's official and final Android 12 with One UI 4.

The DJI Mimo I use is 1.7.4 and the Dji Fly is 1.5.1.

Please DJI fix this, because we can't fly with the drone, unable to see anything.

It is probably a new driver for the graphic part of the mobile, introduced in Android 12.

I am talking about Android 12 for Samsung, I do not know for the rest of the brands.

PD: I delete and reinstall both apps. Problem not solved.
2021-11-15
Use props
jkabaseball
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26424 ft
United States

Same situation here. Amazing that Google releases beta 6 months in advanced and these billion dollar companies are surprised when their apps don't work.
2021-11-15
Use props
Cutaway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942835 ft
United States

Sorry to jump into this thread...but I'm excited and desperate.  Just got the Mavic Air 2 Combo.   I've owned Mavic, Spark, P2P V2.0, etc.   It's been a while.

What in the world?  How do you get this Fly app installed?   I downloaded it from my Samsung S21.  It's .apk file.   I clicked on it.   It doesn't know how to open and install it.  Do I need to jail break my phone?  Thanks in advance.
2021-11-15
Use props
jkabaseball
lvl.1
United States

Cutaway Posted at 11-15 18:59
Sorry to jump into this thread...but I'm excited and desperate.  Just got the Mavic Air 2 Combo.   I've owned Mavic, Spark, P2P V2.0, etc.   It's been a while.

What in the world?  How do you get this Fly app installed?   I downloaded it from my Samsung S21.  It's .apk file.   I clicked on it.   It doesn't know how to open and install it.  Do I need to jail break my phone?  Thanks in advance.

try opening it up with the files app.
2021-11-16
Use props
RealSkyMaster
lvl.1

Germany

I have the Samsung S21 Ultra. Since the update to Android 12, I no longer have a live picture (no live video) black screen.
I also installed the current version of the Fly app. Under Android 11 everything was still OK. Please fix that as soon as possible.
2021-11-16
Use props
jkabaseball
lvl.1
United States

I just edited tested mine again with 1.5.1 and everything looks to be working. I'm going to fly it tomorrow to make sure, but I have live video.
2021-11-16
Use props
RealSkyMaster
lvl.1

Germany

jkabaseball Posted at 11-16 17:21
I just edited tested mine again with 1.5.1 and everything looks to be working. I'm going to fly it tomorrow to make sure, but I have live video.

which smartphone do you use?
The S21 Ultra ?
And most importantly the S21 Ultra with Android 12?
2021-11-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

My S21 Ultra updated to Android 12 this morning. Just to be safe, I uninstalled Fly. Installed it from DJI website and let it update to 1980. Took my Mini 2 out for a trial run. Everything went great. The AE lock is working just fine, now. It was missing before the 1980 update.
2021-11-17
Use props
Libb
lvl.1

Czechia

I have the same issue. I upgraded my Samsung S21 Ultra to Android 12 and now I see only black rectangle. When I started recording video on controller, it is stored at memory card but the image on phone is still not visible.
I made clean installation, not an upgrade. Latest version of DJI Fly is installed (1.5.1), latest firmware is also in the aircraft. When I use older phone - Samsung Flip / it works well.
Please release fix ASAP.
2021-11-17
Use props
jkabaseball
lvl.1
United States

RealSkyMaster Posted at 11-17 08:46
which smartphone do you use?
The S21 Ultra ?
And most importantly the S21 Ultra with Android 12?

S21 ultra from Verizon. I may have been on version 1.4.something, but not latest. I did the update and DJI Fly instantly crashed. After a couple of time android asked me to clear the cache to see if that would help. I did the and then downloaded 1.5 and installed that. Once that opened i updated to 1.5.1. I had to relogin, but after that all was normal. flew it today without issues.
2021-11-17
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

jkabaseball, your phone probably is a Snapdragon version.

I have a Samsung Tab s7 plus with snapdragon and I have no problems.

The problem is de S21 Ultra Exynoss version.
2021-11-17
Use props
jkabaseball
lvl.1
United States

BEN_M16 Posted at 11-17 23:27
jkabaseball, your phone probably is a Snapdragon version.

I have a Samsung Tab s7 plus with snapdragon and I have no problems.

That makes a lot of sense. It also doesnt work on Pixel 6, which is a custom Exyons
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_VcuJ3EitwYLA
New
Flight distance : 20289 ft
Philippines

Same issue. DJI, please fix the issue soon
2021-11-20
Use props
OkoSokolovo
New

Croatia

Same issue here...
2021-11-20
Use props
djiuser_MYKLSttb3uQH
New
Italy

Same here, on andoird 11 it was working just fine but today I got android 12 on my S21 ultra and I can't see anything.
2021-11-20
Use props
fans5e3eaedb
lvl.1

Switzerland

have the same problem
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_nO94D2xYoB9V
lvl.1
Flight distance : 754354 ft

Guadeloupe

Same problem unfortunately
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_MYKLSttb3uQH Posted at 11-20 10:45
Same here, on andoird 11 it was working just fine but today I got android 12 on my S21 ultra and I can't see anything.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Could you tell me which app you're using now? Besides, please provide us with the current version of the app? Thanks.
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RealSkyMaster Posted at 11-16 13:46
I have the Samsung S21 Ultra. Since the update to Android 12, I no longer have a live picture (no live video) black screen.
I also installed the current version of the Fly app. Under Android 11 everything was still OK. Please fix that as soon as possible.

Hi, there. Sorry for the problem you've experiencing. We are very concerned about this problem and really want to help you solve it. We hope to get more data to help us locate the problem. If it is convenient for you, can you provide us with the following information, thank you very much for your cooperation.
1. A screenshot of the OS of your phone
2. A video of this issue - Black Screen
3. App log of DJI Fly-The path of exporting the Log: internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG
Sorry again for the unpleasant experience caused.
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_bBCKc3YuR4Su
New
Ukraine

The same issue.
I hope some screens helps to fix.
h ttps://photos.app.goo.gl/aFVv2RiDaFYBvXMG7
2021-11-23
Use props
djiuser_zV0X2lXjZnZO
New

United States

I have an S21 Ultra and everything works fine for me. Download the APK from DJI's website then add the ".apk" extension to the end of the file name of the download. Fixed everything for me.
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_zV0X2lXjZnZO
New

United States

I have an S21 Ultra and everything works fine for me. Download the APK from DJI's website then add the ".apk" extension to the end of the file name of the download. Fixed everything for me.
2021-11-25
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

You probably dont have a Exynos version, you have Snapdragon.
2021-11-26
Use props
koshovyi
lvl.1

Ukraine

Same problem... S21 Ultra + Dji Air 2s after upgrading Samsung android version from 11 to 12.
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_rullbS2o7vLw
New

Slovenia

samsung s21  android 12   NOT working....I change the phone and now I can not fly......when the problem will be fixed ????
2021-11-29
Use props
Patiko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 911211 ft
Georgia

I can confirm that on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (Android 12) and on DJI Mavic Air2S with DJI Fly app everything works without any problems, only the drone itself has problems with Gimbal.

What is the region code of your android 12?
2021-11-29
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Because you have Snapdragon version, not exynos.
2021-11-29
Use props
Patiko
lvl.2
Georgia

BEN_M16 Posted at 11-29 14:35
Because you have Snapdragon version, not exynos.

NO.
I have international versions of Samsung S21 Ultra

Versions: SM-G998B
Chipset: Exynos 2100 (5 nm) - International
2021-11-29
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

I´m from Spain, with Exynos version of S21 Ultra, and android 12 final official installed. I use the last version of Dji Fly 1.5.1 (subversion 2005). And I only have a black screen on live feed. All options of the app works, but I cant see nothing.

I have DJI Air 2S with more recent firmware installed.

DJI mimo have black screen too.

Seems that Android 12 for Exynos have a different graphics card driver for this chipset, and DJI have no access at the moment to this new drivers.
2021-11-29
Use props
Patiko
lvl.2
Georgia

BEN_M16 Posted at 11-29 14:44
I´m from Spain, with Exynos version of S21 Ultra, and android 12 final official installed. I use the last version of Dji Fly 1.5.1 (subversion 2005). And I only have a black screen on live feed. All options of the app works, but I cant see nothing.

I have DJI Air 2S with more recent firmware installed.

I think In such situations, DJI programmers should test DJI Fly program on any androids more careful.

I have gimbal problem on a NEW dji mavic 2s and I saw lot of reviews about this problem on internet.
There aren't any solution at this time.
2021-11-29
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Have you Android final official for your s21?

My CSC is PHE.

Wich version of dji Fly are you using?
2021-11-29
Use props
Patiko
lvl.2
Georgia

BEN_M16 Posted at 11-29 14:51

My CSC is PHE.

Android 12 Official
CSC XID
2021-11-29
Use props
Patiko
lvl.2
Georgia

BEN_M16 Posted at 11-29 14:51

My CSC is PHE.

Did you try DJI-v1.4.2-210514-1006-48008-official-sec-android12beta ?
2021-11-29
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-21 20:34
Hi, there. Sorry for the problem you've experiencing. We are very concerned about this problem and really want to help you solve it. We hope to get more data to help us locate the problem. If it is convenient for you, can you provide us with the following information, thank you very much for your cooperation.

@DJI Gamora

Please check this thread ...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253165

I will collect logs and send you links
2021-11-30
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

December 1st,

Well, I just started FLY on my Pixel 6 and was prompted for an updated.
After the update the version is still 1.5.1 BUT the video is working

Hopefully GO4 and MIMO will be fixed too very soon.
2021-12-1
Use props
RealSkyMaster
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-21 20:34

Hello . First of all sorry for the bad English, but I don't speak English so I use a translation program.
A video is difficult because the mobile phone I could use to make a video is the mobile phone that the app is on.
(but I think a video is not necessary because everyone can imagine what a black picture looks like without a video.
I use the current app from your own download area.
I also deleted all cache in advance, deleted the old apps and completely reinstalled them (without success)
but here the pictures and the LOG from my system.

CPU

CPU

System

System

LOG.zip

789.04 KB, Down times: 0

2021-12-2
Use props
Elco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96529 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same problem here. After the Android update on my Samsung S21 Ultra ( Exynos version) the DJI Fly and DJI Mimo apps couldn't start any longer.
So after some Google searche I learned to install new versions of both apps directly from the DJI website.
Now the Fly app looks fine so far but the Mimo app still gives no video feed at all. Not funny, because I use the the Pocket 2 every day for my work.
Hopefully there will be an update of the Mimo app very soon!

2021-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RealSkyMaster Posted at 12-2 03:01
Hello . First of all sorry for the bad English, but I don't speak English so I use a translation program.
A video is difficult because the mobile phone I could use to make a video is the mobile phone that the app is on.
(but I think a video is not necessary because everyone can imagine what a black picture looks like without a video.

Hi, there. Thank you for your information. We have updated the DJI Fly app on the official website. Please try to download the latest DJI Fly via the official website to check if the problem persists. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Hope this helps.
2021-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Elco Posted at 12-2 09:44
Same problem here. After the Android update on my Samsung S21 Ultra ( Exynos version) the DJI Fly and DJI Mimo apps couldn't start any longer.
So after some Google searche I learned to install new versions of both apps directly from the DJI website.
Now the Fly app looks fine so far but the Mimo app still gives no video feed at all. Not funny, because I use the the Pocket 2 every day for my work.

Hi, there. I'm sorry to inform you that your mobile phone is still under the compatibility test. We believe that you will soon have a more stable experience on it because our engineers are working hard on multiple tests for this issue.
If you have an urgent task, instead of your mobile device in hand, you are recommended to use a spare mobile device in case of any compatibility failure. We are sorry for the inconvenience brought to you. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-12-3
Use props
RealSkyMaster
lvl.1

Germany

Hello.
I have now downloaded the current version again.
What can I say, I'm happy :-).
Now it works! I see another picture.
Tomorrow I will test it again in more detail (outdoors) I am currently not allowed to fly because it is already dark here and we have a night flight ban.
I thank you for fixing it

greeting
Andreas (RealSkyMaster)
2021-12-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules