Broken pixels, warranty or will they fix it with firmware?!
711 6 2021-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Konstantin St
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3460400 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hi! I recently received the long-awaited mavic 3, and was very upset to find broken pixels on black areas. I saw that I was not the first to encounter this, but I didn't really see a response from support anywhere. It's a shame that a serious product with such raw software is being put on sale.
I also didn't find if there is a function for viewing d-log in rec709, as it was in mavic 2?
I apologize in advance for my English, translated through a translator.

2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Konstantin St. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a sample photo showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you further? Thank you.
2021-11-24
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

If you see dead pixels, they cannot be fixed with software as is a hardware problem (photodiode from sensor is dead).
But first check it with black and multiple solid colors, in order to see if is not noise.
If the pixels remains the same and contrasting with others around, you need to send it to be changed.
The CMOS sensor is different from CCD sensor, each photodiode is backed up by an amplifier. CMOS sensors have advantages and disadvantages, as analogic signals from photodiodes are sent in parallel mode (high speed and less noise), but there is not uniform performances for each photodiode, that giving you the noise in composition. This is why you have to check if is dead photodiode/amplifier or is just noise (a video that is played frame by frame - careful, not second by second but frame by frame - will show you very fast if you have dead pixels.)
Cheers.
2021-11-24
Use props
Konstantin St
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-24 22:43
Hello there Konstantin St. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a sample photo showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you further? Thank you.

I really hope that you will find a way to remap the pixels, since I realized that the problem is massive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NMmS6hYxfiSXlPd5tV1qy4S4RLXqIzUQ?usp=sharing
2021-11-25
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Return it.
2021-12-2
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same thing and a few new hot piels have also now shown up.
2021-12-3
Use props
Konstantin St
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-24 22:43

Have you looked at the footages?
2021-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules