Camera facing down after startup.
19320 33 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guitarian
lvl.2

United States

I have done all upgrades and everything works well with one exception. After the startup process the HD3D always has the camera facing down.
I have re-calibrated and I have tried the reverse option in the RC app but it doesn't help.
Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?
2014-11-28
Use props
DJI -Technical
lvl.4

China

Hi,
Can the X1 channel move smoothly and control the camera pitch?  Under normal condition, the camera would face down or forward or 45° down.
2014-12-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried to calibrate the Tx in both the RC Assistant and then in the Phantom Assistant?  After you have done that then power cycle the Phantom.  You can also reverse the X1 channel.  This has helped several other users with this problem.
2014-12-1
Use props
guitarian
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-2 13:52
Have you tried to calibrate the Tx in both the RC Assistant and then in the Phantom Assistant?  Afte ...

I have re-calibrated twice and reversed. Does not solve problem.
2014-12-2
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having this same problem! Once I updated the FW /software via the Assistant software. The camera will face downward after booting up. I feel like this is a software/fw issue since it started after we all did the update. I feel people that aren't posting about it either dont update there software or don't get online to ask?
2014-12-9
Use props
dstroud
New

United States

I just got the new phantom 2 w H3 3D.  I cannot get full rang of motion out of this.  it will only face forward about 45 degree and not quite straight down.   Any ideas?
2014-12-11
Use props
Nacman
New

United States

I have the same issue after FW update. No matter what is tried, the gimbal goes through initialization and finished with the camera pointing down. It can be moved to horizontal with the control knob,  but this is an introduced issue from the firmware update.

Nacman
2014-12-12
Use props
benashwin
New

United Kingdom

Yep same issue as well, I've got the most recent edition using all upto date firmware, ive even reset the gimbal and re installed the firmware but it points straight down or at an angle, by adjusting the controls in the assistant I now have full range f control but the boot sequence still leaves it drooping
2014-12-14
Use props
steinomitey
New
  • >>>
Canada

Having same problem here., All software and firmware updated to latest as of 15/12/14. On power-up of P2 H3 3D goes through initialization and then immediately faces in downward position. Can be adjusted up/down fully with transmitter dial after power-up, but always initializes in facing down position. Notice this same problem posted in other forums, DJI can you please acknowledge this issue?
2014-12-16
Use props
FirstDroneInspi
lvl.1

United States

I just received my P2V+ 2.0 and when I try to control the camera it immediately points straight down and then nothing...cant control the gimbal....thoughts??? Ive calibrated the compass, advanced calibrated the IMU......As someone stated above I'm going to try to calibrate the Tx in both the RC Assistant and then in the Phantom Assistant.
2014-12-16
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FirstDroneInspi Posted at 2014-12-17 07:16
I just received my P2V+ 2.0 and when I try to control the camera it immediately points straight down ...

I would calibrate your X1 for sure.
2014-12-18
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I read on RC Groups that DJI is coming out with an update for this issue with it facing downwards. So hopefully soon we should see an update!  
2014-12-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was released yesterday..
2014-12-18
Use props
guitarian
lvl.2

United States

I just did the "gimbal" update. Twice.
Now, after startup and initialization, my camera stops at 45º. I suppose that's better than pointing straight down, though.
Maybe one more update will get me the remaining 45º.
2014-12-19
Use props
Nacman
New

United States

guitarian Posted at 2014-12-19 20:05
I just did the "gimbal" update. Twice.
Now, after startup and initialization, my camera stops at 45 ...

Same here. I applied the update, and now it is at 45* as well.
2014-12-19
Use props
FirstDroneInspi
lvl.1

United States

FirstDroneInspi Posted at 2014-12-17 07:16
I just received my P2V+ 2.0 and when I try to control the camera it immediately points straight down ...

I spent a day trying to fix the gimbal control as it would NOT work. Finally figured it out! The desktop app shows two remotes, The basic shows a slide lever on the underside, my controller does NOT have that. The Upgrade looks exactly like my controller UNLESS you roll the mouse over the wording UPGRADE you will find the photo changes to include the roller wheel in the corner. Once I change to Basic controller (matches my model number) and re-calibrated, the tilt for gimbal on IPhone app works! BHPhoto wanted me to send the unit back for replacement...I knew there was an easy user error fix! I just wish DJI had a tech support department! They referred me to a local service center who told me they were not accepting anymore units as they are backlogged! Time for first flight!
2014-12-19
Use props
steinomitey
New
  • >>>
Canada

Nacman Posted at 2014-12-20 08:38
Same here. I applied the update, and now it is at 45* as well.

Same, latest Dec/14 update applied and now gimbal initializes at 45 degrees and is very touchy when control wheel on remote txer is moved, gimbal now has a newly introduced jitter when adjusting and does not want to come completely home and goes a bit squirrelly when adjusted fully up or down facing. Not much better unfortunately...keep trying DJI you can do it.....Right?
2014-12-25
Use props
erikford
New

United States

Same issue.  Receive P2 and HD3D for christmas.  Out of the box, gimble and gopro point straight ahead.  After upgrading to latest firmware, camera/gimble face down at approx 45 deg.
2014-12-27
Use props
Gerard Nijenbri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62241 ft
Netherlands

Exactly the same here, got my P2 + H3-3D for Christmas as well ;-)

I didn't try the GoPro position before upgrading the firmwares to the latest available, however on start-up it's facing 45 degs downward as well. Not a big deal, however a horizontal starting position would be nicer in my opinion.

I would like to be in the know if another firmware upgrade would solve this, or if it happens to be that it's something which can be solved/changed in the Assistant software.

I had to change the 'Horizontal Limit' and the 'Vertical Limit' in the Advanced > Gimbal section of the Assistant software to have the GoPro use the whole travel angle of 90 degs however. Both are now at value '0' (which is exactly horizontal at the right end of the tilt-dial to exactly vertical at the left end).

Cheers, Gerard
2014-12-28
Use props
dhani_n
New

Indonesia

Hello everybody
Anyone have experience using lightbridge with
wookong - M & Z15N7 gimbal controlled by phantom vision 5.8Ghz radio plus.
I'm having problems Why the reset mode, the camera facing down ???.
how to How to make the camera face forward ??
how conditions such as the use of radio
standard (installation using the dbus of phantom vision 5.8G rx plus via aux 2 GCU Z15N7) I hope someone can help. thank you
2014-12-28
Use props
dhani_n
New

Indonesia

Hello everybody
Anyone have experience using lightbridge with
wookong - M &
Z15N7 gimbal controlled by phantom vision 5.8Ghz radio plus.
I'm having problems Why the reset mode, the camera facing down ???.
how to How to make the camera face forward ??
how conditions such as the use of radio
standard (installation using the dbus of phantom vision 5.8G rx plus via aux 2 GCU Z15N7) I hope someone can help. thank you
2014-12-28
Use props
alcadon
New
United Kingdom

FirstDroneInspi Posted at 2014-12-20 08:59
I spent a day trying to fix the gimbal control as it would NOT work. Finally figured it out! The d ...

YES YES YES this worked for me too!
2015-1-2
Use props
collas
New

Germany

Gerard Nijenbri Posted at 2014-12-28 21:58
Exactly the same here, got my P2 + H3-3D for Christmas as well ;-)

I didn't try the GoPro position  ...

i have exactly same problem, please let me now if there is a solution!
Thx, Martin
2015-1-3
Use props
nielsveneb
New

Netherlands

collas@mac.com Posted at 2015-1-4 07:35
i have exactly same problem, please let me now if there is a solution!
Thx, Martin

Hello everybody my name is Niels, i am new here.
I have a question also regarding the h3-3d gimball,

When i start up the P2 the gimball is starting to initialize and when its done it points straight down, i can't control it either, when i rotate the tilt knob the gimball starts to give little glitches/twitches, is there anyone here who had the same problem ?
2015-1-7
Use props
jsledz.gmail
lvl.1

United States

nielsveneb@live Posted at 2015-1-8 00:48
Hello everybody my name is Niels, i am new here.
I have a question also regarding the h3-3d gimbal ...

I'm now having this exact issue. Was there a fix?
2015-2-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Try to adjust the horizontal limit and vertical limit.
screenshot.jpg
2015-2-4
Use props
jsledz.gmail
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-5 14:51
Try to adjust the horizontal limit and vertical limit.

No luck. They were fine. It stays locked down and twitches. Sent it back.
2015-2-5
Use props
jbaker212.gmail
New

United States

Dji, Can you please report on the status of this fix? I really hate having to hold the wheel on my tx to get to 0 degrees. Gimbal always faces 45 degrees and can only reach 0 or 90 via the wheel.
2015-2-19
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

If the gimbal is at 45 degrees after power up that is the normal mid-way position of the Tx gimbal control.
2015-3-19
Use props
johnrconrad
New
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-3-19 21:04
If the gimbal is at 45 degrees after power up that is the normal mid-way position of the Tx gimbal c ...

I'm having this same problem.   I just bought the new upgrade transmitter with the spring-loaded center return control knob for the H3 2D gimbal. for my Phantom 2.  I've upgraded both transmitter and airframe to most recent firmware.  I have done ALL of the calibrations in both the transmitter RC and PT2 assistants (Mac OS X) versions.  The camera stays at 45 degrees unless I hold the transmitter control knob in a position.  I can swing the camera from 0 to 90 degrees but as soon as I release the control knob on the transmitter, the camera returns to 45 degrees.  What in the hell am I missing!!!!

Help please!!!
2015-4-9
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Did you calibrate using the RC assistant? Check that out if not. Also, if that does not help, do the manual cal, then the RC assistant cal.

093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-4-9
Use props
rfleming
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1699 ft
United States

My Phantom 2 Vision Plus was doing the same thing and here is what I did to correct my problem. Install the Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.8. Attach the COPTER using the computer's USB port. Turn on the ranger extender, then the remote controller, then the copter in that order. Open your software and go to the "Basic" tab. Then go to the "RC" tab. Click the box that says "Basic Version". Start the "Command Stick Calibration". User your REMOTE CONTROL and roll the sticks through all the full ranges. Basically in circles and click "Finish". Then. HERE is the trick to get your camera to work. Click "Start" on the "X1 Calibration". Move the camera control wheel on the remote controller (top left on the remote controller) back and fourth through its full range. Click on "Finish". The "stick monitor X1" must be green and in the center position. If it is not redo the calibration. That fixed mine and I hope it fixes your.
2015-4-17
Use props
Danislucky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129984 ft
Netherlands

my Controller don't have a wheel for the camera gimbal ,am using my iPhone to guide my gimbal, my camera still facing down, so now what can't i do??

i cannot afford another remote controller with gimbal control dial.

thnx

2015-12-10
Use props
Danislucky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129984 ft
Netherlands

my Controller don't have a wheel for the camera gimbal ,am using my iPhone to guide my gimbal, my camera still facing down, so now what can't i do??

i cannot afford another remote controller with gimbal control dial.

thnx

2015-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules